Law School Discussion

-

VirusNY

• Big Red
    • View Profile
Re: Have you made your final decision about where you're going to school?
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 09:03:34 AM »
I have made my final decision, but that school hasnt accepted me yet :)

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 09:07:51 AM »
I'm not fully decided yet.  Won't be for at least a few more weeks, I'm thinking, but I'd like to see how things play out a little more yet.

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 09:15:04 AM »
I've pretty much decided on W&L, unless a T14 accepts me which is doubtful.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 09:25:49 AM »
No.  I still have hope that I will get into one of my top choices.  The hope is fading though.

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »
Yup!  It's so exciting when you finally know - it's like life goes into hyperdrive and everything just starts moving.  Finally.

Ah, so you decided.  That's great!

Yea it was pretty easy - I didn't have much of a choice haha!  Unless I was bent on riding out the WL at GW...which didn't sound very fun.  I'll stay on it for a while to see what happens though.

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 09:46:12 AM »
Yup!  It's so exciting when you finally know - it's like life goes into hyperdrive and everything just starts moving.  Finally.

Ah, so you decided.  That's great!

Yea it was pretty easy - I didn't have much of a choice haha!  Unless I was bent on riding out the WL at GW...which didn't sound very fun.  I'll stay on it for a while to see what happens though.

You'd rather go to GW?

I really wouldn't.  Is that foolish?  The reason to stay on is because of the vast difference in rankings. 

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 09:47:56 AM »
I have basically decided.  It was a tough decision in a lot of ways but ultimately money and connection to an area have been my deciding factors.  Now that I know, I just want to get on with it!   ;D

k3

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 10:00:14 AM »
i have pretty much decided on bc, barring any miracles from columbia and harvard. to be honest, i kind of don't want to get into columbia, because i would feel like i HAD to go, and right now i'm just really set on moving to boston this summer and being at bc. i haven't withdrawn from anywhere yet, mostly because i'm just trying to compare financial aid stuff, but i think it's going to be bc!

and i also love your mscl icon...amazing show. and we are sad to lose you from boston!

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 10:01:18 AM »
As for seat deposits, I think it's a lot of schools' policy that if you're accepted off the waitlist you don't have to put down an additional seat deposit.  So you won't be paying double deposits.

I didn't know this, thanks.

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 10:13:20 AM »
nope, still between a few choices, and financial aid will be a big consideration among those!