Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chicago Merit Aid  (Read 3748 times)

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chicago Merit Aid
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 11:12:18 AM »
Someone on LSN posted a $64K Chicago scholarship yesterday. That seems to be the same amount as many of the scholarships last year.

He says he's from Chicago; maybe they sent out some awards in the mail on Friday. I'd be interested to know if he's also applying for need-based aid because it seems that may delay the process…

Seems like my award was mailed out Friday as well. I am also applying for need-based aid and they said that info would come "in Spring."

EDIT: I misspoke, LOAN info would come in the spring. I think the 64K is need and merit in totality.

ShadWhitmore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 12:39:43 PM »
Someone on LSN posted a $64K Chicago scholarship yesterday. That seems to be the same amount as many of the scholarships last year.

He says he's from Chicago; maybe they sent out some awards in the mail on Friday. I'd be interested to know if he's also applying for need-based aid because it seems that may delay the process…

Seems like my award was mailed out Friday as well. I am also applying for need-based aid and they said that info would come "in Spring."

Congrats on the scholarship!

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 12:55:22 PM »
tag

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 03:23:31 PM »
I got offered 50k + 10k contingent PI. Do you think I can negotiate up to 64K with the Darrow? What's the consensus method, mail, e-mail?

CrnchyCereal

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 04:06:24 PM »
$64K offer in the mail today, though also mailed out on Friday.

ShadWhitmore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 04:16:40 PM »
I got offered 50k + 10k contingent PI. Do you think I can negotiate up to 64K with the Darrow? What's the consensus method, mail, e-mail?

Me too! I'm way excited. Let me know if they bump it up to $64K - I might try a similar tactic.

I would recommend email (or phone call?), but I'm probably not the right person to ask. I tried in vain to get my scholarship at Michigan improved.

rabbit9198

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »
I just got home to find the $64k (plus $12,800 contingent on PI summer) offer - awesome.
Read my blog about 1L life at Yale (and Harvard): http://similarlysituated.blogspot.com/

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/rabbit9198/

YLS 2011

tkm.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »
I just got home to find the $64k (plus $12,800 contingent on PI summer) offer - awesome.

me too!  :)

hegemonyhog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 06:39:16 PM »
Same $64k offer...after withdrawal, but hey!
Accepted: Columbia, Chicago, Michigan, Virginia, Duke, Northwestern, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, The Ohio State University

Pending: Yale, Harvard

Please note that the schools are listed entirely in order of US News ranking.

LSN

TallisUmbras

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Doors of Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 06:40:24 PM »
Wow, congratulations everyone!

On a side note, I'm glad that people are posting offers in this thread. The accepted today thread is getting ridiculous...
Two schools enter, one school leaves: Harvard defeated MasterBlaster.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TallisUmbras