Law School Discussion

-

Re: Oh crap - I withdrew from a school I shouldn't have! How to fix?
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 04:08:41 PM »
It is like appeling a rejection. If you do nothing, then you are out. If you try, the worst thing that can happen is that you are still out, and you have a lot to gain if you are successful.

haha, no, i disagree.  this is a clerical error on YOUR part...you accidentally told a school who wanted to WL you that you did not accept.  NOT that a school told you they didn't want YOU and you are asking them to please try again to want you.

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 09:20:38 AM »
It is like appeling a rejection. If you do nothing, then you are out. If you try, the worst thing that can happen is that you are still out, and you have a lot to gain if you are successful.

haha, no, i disagree.  this is a clerical error on YOUR part...you accidentally told a school who wanted to WL you that you did not accept.  NOT that a school told you they didn't want YOU and you are asking them to please try again to want you.

Yeah, but still, if she does nothing then the school will see the letter and WD her. If she tries to rectify the situation, she may be put back on the waitlist. I am saying the two situations are similar b/c both people basically have nothing to lose by contacting the admiss office.

Okay, fine.  but one situation makes you look far more pathetic and desperate than the other.

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 09:23:49 AM »

Yeah, but still, if she does nothing then the school will see the letter and WD her. If she tries to rectify the situation, she may be put back on the waitlist. I am saying the two situations are similar b/c both people basically have nothing to lose by contacting the admiss office.

Okay, fine.  but one situation makes you look far more pathetic and desperate than the other.

PWN3D!!

In reality, I'm truly amazed at the things people argue about on here at times.

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 10:08:26 AM »

Which one?

asking a school that has rejected you to reconsider is the more pathetic and desperate, by far.  YOUR situation is totally acceptable and justifiable.

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 10:55:22 AM »
I don't get how something like this happens.