Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Suffolk Law - Visit Review  (Read 3860 times)

OldPosterNewName

• View Profile
Re: Suffolk Law - Visit Review
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 12:21:33 PM »
Quite possibly.

I expected as much from a 161/2.5.

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »
On second thought, it appears as though I understood it perfectly.

OldPosterNewName

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 12:25:05 PM »
On second thought, it appears as though I understood it perfectly.

Are you sure?  Reading comprehension does not appear to be your strong suit.

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 12:27:56 PM »
Being a pompous ass appears to be yours. 

OldPosterNewName

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 12:29:20 PM »
Being a pompous ass appears to be yours. 

Being a realist does not equal being a pompous ass.

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 12:31:03 PM »
In your case it appears they are complementary.

OldPosterNewName

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 12:33:41 PM »
Do you have anything substantial to add to this discussion or are you just going to call me names?

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 12:42:31 PM »
If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is.  And no, you are boring.  I am done.

OldPosterNewName

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 12:48:49 PM »
I never called anyone a name.

lgllgl2atty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 07:56:11 AM »
I gladly missed the last few days of useless blandering by the guy with nothing substantial to add to the informative nature of the thread.  But, I did want to pipe in on the "which school" comments....

Personally, I have looked at and applied to schools where my "numbers" and my interests would seem to be a good match.  I have applied to schools where my numbers would place me in the highest and in the lowest of their accepted 25/75, but I haven't applied to any where my numbers would exceed their 25/75, because I feel that would be like going to the "community college" of law school or like placing myself in a "regular" classroom when I should be in the AP classroom.  It's only my perspective, and I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but that I want to strive to be in the best possible situation for learning the job I intend to do for the rest of my life. 

Regarding the ability to find employment, I also see that as a perspective:  there are people who go to law school and feel that the name of the school they attend should get them their dream job.  (And, of course, that dream job equates to (a) big law with big $$  or (b) counsellor to the stars.)  It's the mentality that every college athlete who plays for the championship team should then be drafted into the NFL.  Well, then reality checks in and they realize that they're just aren't enough slots for that, and that not everyone was the stand-up player.  So, if your numbers aren't what it takes to get into T14 schools, should you give up being a lawyer?  It depends:  What is your motivation?  What is your goal?  Nobody can answer that except you.

Lawyers get jobs from all different kinds and levels of schools, and in all different kinds of places.  So, finding a school that you can be accepted into, a school with a program that teaches what you want to practice (or explore), and a school that you feel you can reasonably do well at is very important.  Respect within the community where you want to practice is very important as well.  And if you need to discover whether, in your community, the respect is for NESL or Suffolk, I suggest asking around--talk to lawyers, talk to a judge, ask your pre-law advisor at your college, and accept what they tell you.  They are the employers in your future and your link to the legal community.

This was a LONG post.  I apologize.