Re: UNC -- Why they are slow
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 11:58:35 AM »
LOL  i'm sorry guys.  Good luck!

TNGA60

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »
Yeah I am leaning toward Florida at this point. My wife has started the process of transfering her teacher licence there. I am really hoping for some money from Florida, if they come through with that then I will be dead set. Until then I am keeping my options open.

I know UNC sent out an email notifying people that their app was still complete but I received it 2 weeks or so after I heard about a few others receiving a simular email. Maybe they are going to notify in waves. The waiting is killing me and espically bothering my wife who will also will be uprooting her life and career. I just want to know everything by the end of this month.

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 07:27:20 PM »
I got the email about being complete in the first wave and still haven't heard anything so I don't know that that means anything.

About UF scholarships, I emailed them yesterday following up because I tried to negotiate with them and they told me all scholarship recipients and alternates had been notified and I wasn't one of them, so it seemed like they had sent them out, but I could be wrong.  Best of luck to you though!

TNGA60

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »
I got the email about being complete in the first wave and still haven't heard anything so I don't know that that means anything.

About UF scholarships, I emailed them yesterday following up because I tried to negotiate with them and they told me all scholarship recipients and alternates had been notified and I wasn't one of them, so it seemed like they had sent them out, but I could be wrong.  Best of luck to you though!

I just saw that withdrew from W&L with $. That seems crazy. I guess you have your reasons. I  am looking more in the line of need based aid, the lady told me they still had money there. My parents made <$30k last year and I was in school so my financial need should be high. I hope they can find a way to give me something. Without that it will boil down to where the wife can get a good job.

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 10:24:20 AM »
I have three friends who all received acceptance e-mails during the last week of March.  The rest of us should be receiving rejection letters pretty soon.

I realize that out of state is competitive but what kind of numbers do you have to have to throw your name into the mix?  I was really hoping to hear from them and hopefully even get offered some $$, but the longer I wait the less I even expect to get it in much less money lol.

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 11:45:16 AM »
Friend of mine got WLed today (165/3.0/INSTATE)

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »
how where they notified of waitlist?? email or mail?

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 11:56:12 AM »

I just saw that withdrew from W&L with $. That seems crazy. I guess you have your reasons. I  am looking more in the line of need based aid, the lady told me they still had money there. My parents made <$30k last year and I was in school so my financial need should be high. I hope they can find a way to give me something. Without that it will boil down to where the wife can get a good job.

Oh okay, well good luck!  I was trying for merit based because of the other ones I had gotten.  It was a hard decision, but ultimately I don't think I'd be happy living in Lexington after I visited.  It wasn't that I didn't like Lexington so much as that I didn't want to be so far away from any cities (even Richmond is 2 hours).  I'm probably retaking the LSAT in June and if I can get my score up at least a few points I'm going to reapply to my top choices next year, if not then I may end up at UF or get in somewhere else off of a WL.

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 12:05:21 PM »
how where they notified of waitlist?? email or mail?

Presumably email, but I'll ask him and get back to you.

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 12:26:36 PM »
Email, with a note that more info will come when available.