Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: a column i wrote for my school paper on the law school application process  (Read 1477 times)

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
ESL?

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I was slightly amused.

theruraljuror

• View Profile
The real-life logic game bit was funny, but a lot of this wasn't great, to be brutally honest. Try to rely less on hyperbole for laughs. Saying that the directions last 500 hours, and so on, isn't comedy. It's whining.

Also, you have a 176 do you not? Seems a bit disingenuous to complain about your score.

CrnchyCereal

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with others; this just seemed like it was trying too hard to be funny. 

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Dwight is credited.

I think my biggest problem is where you didn't tell your real story, but instead used wrong information. For instance, where you tried some self-degradation with your LSAT score...when you have an amazing score. Also, your point about not taking real classes reeks of an obnoxious non-liberal arts feminine hygiene product. Unsurprisingly, I see that you're CompSci and Chemistry.

That was a 142 at best.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

GunnerDore

Also, you have a 176 do you not? Seems a bit disingenuous to complain about your score.

This, this, a MILLION times this.

Also, your point about not taking real classes reeks of an obnoxious non-liberal arts feminine hygiene product. Unsurprisingly, I see that you're CompSci and Chemistry.

Also this. Being elitist about your major is only "cool" among your fellow science/engineering majors.

F. Mercury

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

This, this, a MILLION times this.

Also, your point about not taking real classes reeks of an obnoxious non-liberal arts feminine hygiene product. Unsurprisingly, I see that you're CompSci and Chemistry.

Also this. Being elitist about your major is only "cool" among your fellow science/engineering majors.

i actually looked up the name "ed fu" just to see what kind of try-hard nerd OP is.
found his blog.  saw his profile pic.  no wonder...

F. Mercury

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
This is his MySpace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=11895305

A 176 from Rutgers deserves credit though, kinda like an underprivileged kid making it out of the hood...

top-notch stalker?

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
A 176 from Rutgers deserves credit though, kinda like an underprivileged kid making it out of the hood...

lmao.

I got looks for my response to this post. Classic.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011