Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wisconsin - Haven't Heard a Thing!  (Read 518 times)

lalaallalala63

• View Profile
Wisconsin - Haven't Heard a Thing!
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:42:29 PM »
I went complete on Jan 23rd and haven't heard a thing since. Is this a bad sign??

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
Re: Wisconsin - Haven't Heard a Thing!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 01:45:53 PM »
No I don't think this is a bad sign. I went complete there only one week ago. I called the Admissions office to ask if they had received everything last week and it was then that they told me that my file was complete. The person I spoke to said that I should expect an admissions decision no later than 6 weeks after my file went complete, so you should probably hear any day now...
Yes: Baylor ($$), Houston ($$), Texas Tech (not interested)
No: UCLA, Wash U St. Louis, CU, Fordham
Maybe: SMU (Waitlisted), Texas (Waitlisted), Wisconsin(on "hold") UIUC (Waitlisted, Withdrawn)

God bless the Dallas Cowboys and Tony Romo

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 02:16:15 PM »
I went complete on Jan. 11th and got my letter on Feb. 7th. so I took 27 days from complete until I had a waitlist letter in my hand from Wisconsin.

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 05:42:23 PM »
I went complete on Jan. 11th and got my letter on Feb. 7th. so I took 27 days from complete until I had a waitlist letter in my hand from Wisconsin.

Yikes, you got WL with a 166 and 3.43? That's brutal.

Yeah....I didn't like it much. Wisconsin has been doing that this cycle though it seems, they claim to look at soft factors more there and I think they really follow through on that. I know of someone with almost the exact same stats as me that also got WL'ed there.

MidwesternGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 06:53:18 AM »
titcr. A buddy of mine got in below both medians. Great soft factors, interest in public service, essay about a desire to stay in rural Wisconsin, I think that got him in.