Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Natives and LSAT score  (Read 1681 times)

sombrapenumbra

• View Profile
Natives and LSAT score
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:17:52 PM »
I'm Native American (registered, active in my university) and I happened to do horribly on my LSATs. I have a 3.7 GPA at an Ivy League school and I'm wondering where I stand a shot at getting in with a 153 score  :-\. I've read on other posts that underrepresented ethnic status may increase admissions likelihood.

I don't think I'm competitive at law schools like Yale/Harvard/Columbia, but does anyone have any knowledge about Fordham, Georgetown? I would love to go to NYU but I just don't think that's happening.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything or knows anyone who has had a similar experience, I'd appreciate your input.

SabrinaK

• View Profile
Re: Natives and LSAT score
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 01:23:30 PM »
I'm kind of on the flip side of you.  I'm a registered NA and I got 165 on my LSAT, but have a 2.7 gpa...  I aimed lower than you (GSU, USD, American, and my dream school, W&M).  I'm not really sure how much being Native American helps our chances. If anyone has info I'd love to hear it too!
Alan Shore: You know I'm not about to go to Texas and not ride the mechanical bull, Chelina. That would be like going to Los Angeles and not sleeping with Paris Hilton.

Lock & Load: University of San Diego 2011!

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 07:03:01 PM »
I'm Native American (registered, active in my university) and I happened to do horribly on my LSATs. I have a 3.7 GPA at an Ivy League school and I'm wondering where I stand a shot at getting in with a 153 score  :-\. I've read on other posts that underrepresented ethnic status may increase admissions likelihood.

I don't think I'm competitive at law schools like Yale/Harvard/Columbia, but does anyone have any knowledge about Fordham, Georgetown? I would love to go to NYU but I just don't think that's happening.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything or knows anyone who has had a similar experience, I'd appreciate your input.

Those schools will be tough, if even possible. I'd target the same group that the poster above me was targeting. That's just my opinion.
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:29:06 PM »

Those schools will be tough, if even possible. I'd target the same group that the poster above me was targeting. That's just my opinion.

TITCR

And hi guys! What tribes?
Vandy 1L... really?