Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GSU/Atlanta Discussion  (Read 7983 times)

amultitudeofdrops

• View Profile
Re: GSU/Atlanta Discussion
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 05:34:53 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about whether they've given out their tuition wavers/any scholarships?  Thanks!

gowi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Emory '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »
I got a $1,000 scholarship today. Are you going to GSU?

amultitudeofdrops

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 08:17:35 PM »
I'm in at UGA and GSU, still waiting on Emory (although at this point that one looks very unlikely).  I am about 90% sure I'll go to Georgia--I really love it there--but I'm hoping to have a more clear financial picture before I make my final decision.

czarevich

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2008, 11:17:32 AM »
I don't know if I got the out of state tuition waiver or not but the financial aid website lists my cost of attendance as being that of a resident.  I fought hard for a tuition waiver so hopefully it came through. 

amultitudeofdrops

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2008, 02:44:10 PM »
I don't know if I got the out of state tuition waiver or not but the financial aid website lists my cost of attendance as being that of a resident.  I fought hard for a tuition waiver so hopefully it came through. 

Hmm...I just checked and mine does too.  I guess that means either it's a mistake or I got a waiver.  This could change things, though...

chammon2

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »
Mine is the same way even though I live in Ohio and never asked to be considered a resident.  I noticed it about two weeks ago on Go Solar and it has stayed the same.  I've sent multiple emails about it to different people and left one voicemail.  This has been over the course of the last two weeks and I still have no reply.

czarevich

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2008, 03:24:53 PM »
Mine is the same way even though I live in Ohio and never asked to be considered a resident.  I noticed it about two weeks ago on Go Solar and it has stayed the same.  I've sent multiple emails about it to different people and left one voicemail.  This has been over the course of the last two weeks and I still have no reply.

Admittedly, the Georgia State administration is not all that helpful.  I actually had an appointment with an admissions counselor there for which I flew 1000 miles and he took the day off without notifying me.  I also just contacted the financial aid office to determine when I might expect a financial aid packet and she informed me that it would be 3 weeks while they determined if I had already exceeded my federal loan limits in undergrad.  3 WEEKS!  I'm supposed to give GSU $150 in 2 weeks. 

chammon2

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2008, 10:05:41 PM »
Admittedly, the Georgia State administration is not all that helpful.  I actually had an appointment with an admissions counselor there for which I flew 1000 miles and he took the day off without notifying me.  I also just contacted the financial aid office to determine when I might expect a financial aid packet and she informed me that it would be 3 weeks while they determined if I had already exceeded my federal loan limits in undergrad.  3 WEEKS!  I'm supposed to give GSU $150 in 2 weeks. 

Did you ask if they would consider extending your deposit deadline?  I wonder if this will be the case for all of us?  When I log into Go Solar it shows that I have an award for next year, but it's not close to my expected expenses.  Does yours show an award right now, or just your estimated expenses?  I guess I'll try calling them again Monday.

chammon2

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2008, 02:24:57 PM »
Does anyone have an answer from the financial aid department in regard to so many of us out-of-staters having in-state tutition listed on estimated expenses?  I finally got a response but all it said was that she was going to have to ask someone else.  And that email was a week ago today.  Only one person on LSN is showing a scholarship so I would have to imagine that these awards aren't finalized.  Seat deposit is fast approaching and if the administration can't respond to a couple emails and phone calls...

matta

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 11:47:33 AM »
GSU is expected to field its first football team in 2010.  Check it out.  It will probably kill the other GSU football program in Georgia (Georgia Southern University for those who aren't native Georgians), but should actually do pretty well.  Dan Reeves is doing extensive fundraising work, will aid in hiring decisions, and will coordinate open try-outs and early recruiting efforts.  Get excited! 

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2008/04/15/gstatefb_0416.html
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2007/08/13/editorial3.html?DB_OEM_ID=12700