Law School Discussion

Columbia 'first reserve'

oem

Columbia 'first reserve'
« on: March 03, 2008, 09:11:08 AM »
Columbia sent me a letter telling me I was on reserve so I logged into the website they gave me which ends with
the word 'firstreserve'. Out of curiosity I changed a bit and typed 'secondreserve' and surprisingly a website existed. What do u guys think the difference is? What do you think this means? Does Columbia have a priority reserve group?

Re: Columbia 'first reserve'
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 09:12:37 AM »
Second reserve is just the second round of the reserve list, for people who aren't admitted or rejected after the first reserve goes to review in May.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 10:41:35 AM »
My letter made no mention of a website. This is troubling.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 07:46:39 AM »
My envelope only had one page and made no mention of a website. Did anyone else have a letter like mine?

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 07:52:21 AM »
My envelope only had one page and made no mention of a website. Did anyone else have a letter like mine?

Did you get held or put on reserve?

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 08:35:01 AM »
Well I suppose I must've been put on hold, though I don't have the letter in front of me. It sounds like reserve is a waitlist and hold is a deferral. Right?

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »
Well I suppose I must've been put on hold, though I don't have the letter in front of me. It sounds like reserve is a waitlist and hold is a deferral. Right?

Correct.  I think you were put on hold.

VirusNY

• Big Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 09:21:45 AM »
Yea I was put on hold and there was no website or anything, so that guy was probably held too (I know, bad logic)

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 04:20:52 PM »
So which has a better chance of being admitted.. being on hold or being on "first reserve"?