Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chicago-Kent vs. Case Western Reserve  (Read 1259 times)

xiaoningning

• View Profile
Re: Chicago-Kent vs. Case Western Reserve
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 07:43:35 PM »
We are trying to vote for schools, not cities. Chicago is definitely better than Cleveland. If Case could place me better, I would not mind living in a boring city for three years. Is it easy to get a good IP job out of Kent or Case? The prestige does matter in a long run. Kent has a better prestige in Chicago than Case?

TheMaddRapper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 08:00:47 PM »
Any firm, Chicago or elsewhere, is going to respect Case more than Kent.  But neither is very prestigious or places much outside its home market.  People from Case get jobs in Chicago but it's few and far between.  Meanwhile Kent grads are totally screwed unless they're IP or at the top of the class.  So they "work" in Chicago (family law, insurance defense, etc).

For most purposes, if you're outside the top 5-10% at Kent or top 10-20% at Case, you're pretty much in the same place.

If you're IP though, and you want Chicago, Kent is probably a better choice  If you have unimpeachable IP credentials (PhD in EE or something of the sort) try to take $$ from John Marshall.

If you think you might have to rely on the name of your law school to get a job, and you must be in a big city, apply to GW (part time if you can't get in full time).  It will be expensive but IP + GW = good big city job.  If you go PT, they don't have to report your statistics so they'll just accept you to take your money.  Actually, since you're foreign, they might not have to report your statistics anyway (but I'm not sure of that).

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »
lol @ MaddRappers advice

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 12:51:10 AM »