Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fat-Free Lawsuit  (Read 1701 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
Fat-Free Lawsuit
« on: March 02, 2008, 10:06:32 PM »
Every Sunday I get a chicken sandwich and dinner salad, to go, from Bennigan’s.

I’ve been doing it for about two years now. I always get fat-free honey mustard salad dressing on the salad…or so I thought.

See, there was somebody new behind the bar tonight. Well, she wasn’t new—I had seen her working as a server throughout the past few years—but she wasn’t the person I usually order from.

I gave her my order and told her that I wanted the fat-free honey mustard dressing and she said: “We don’t have fat-free honey mustard dressing. Well, we haven’t had that for like a year-and-a-half.”

“That can’t be right. I’ve been ordering it every week for two years now.”

“You might have been ordering it, but you weren’t eating it. The closest thing we have to fat-free honey mustard is low-fat Italian. You want that?”

Argh.

100 salads x 2 tbsp dressing/salad x 10 grams of fat/tbsp = 2,000 grams of fat I didn’t know I was eating and wouldn’t have eaten had I of known.

So can I sue Bennigan’s or what?

LawSchoolBlogger

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fat-Free Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »
Can I sue you for the detriment you caused when you told me that you had the most popular law school blog in the world, when you clearly knew this not to be the case?

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 01:38:37 AM »
Can I sue you for the detriment you caused when you told me that you had the most popular law school blog in the world, when you clearly knew this not to be the case?

Uh..what blog is more popular?  None with which I'm familiar.
Do let me know if there are any, though.  Any that get more daily hits than mine.
But wrong or right, nothing is stopping you from suing me.
Don't know how much luck you'd have, though...
But what do I know?

brink123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 04:02:27 AM »
lol

but one thing I don't get though... is that there isn't much stuff on your blog. I mean, in terms of content, each entry has a sentence or 2 about a random topic... so what's the point of this blog (I don't mean this in a critical way, but I'm sincerely asking. I'm sure you have a lot of readers but what are they reading?)

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 04:10:29 AM »
Quit your f-ing skeezy advertising tactics.  Jesus.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 11:05:14 AM »

Uh..what blog is more popular?  None with which I'm familiar.
Do let me know if there are any, though.  Any that get more daily hits than mine.
But wrong or right, nothing is stopping you from suing me.
Don't know how much luck you'd have, though...
But what do I know?

ATL gets 50k hits a day...

minarets

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 05:10:17 PM »

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 08:20:23 PM »
lol

but one thing I don't get though... is that there isn't much stuff on your blog. I mean, in terms of content, each entry has a sentence or 2 about a random topic... so what's the point of this blog (I don't mean this in a critical way, but I'm sincerely asking. I'm sure you have a lot of readers but what are they reading?)

Isn't much?  I dont' get it.  I post most days...
Are you saying my posts aren't in-depth?  They aren't supposed to be.  I'm away they're shallow and that most of the in-depth content comes from the comments.

So there.

SabrinaK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 10:15:21 PM »
Dude...I wasn't buying the hate everyone was throwing at you...but it does seem like you just post to bump, and thereby make your website link more prominent.
Alan Shore: You know I'm not about to go to Texas and not ride the mechanical bull, Chelina. That would be like going to Los Angeles and not sleeping with Paris Hilton.

Lock & Load: University of San Diego 2011!