Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Application Deadlines -  (Read 441 times)

amk320

• View Profile
    • Email
Application Deadlines -
« on: March 02, 2008, 09:13:46 PM »
How do these work?  Is the date listed as a school's application deadline the date you need to have submitted your application by?  Or the date by which everything needs to be complete?  I'm a hardcore procrastinator and just sent out all applications for Fall 2008 on February 26th trying to beat March 1st deadlines.  Of the 31 schools I applied to, 26 requested reports on February 27th, but the remaining schools have not.

Anyone know how this works?  Did I beat the deadline for the schools that requested my report before March 1st?  What about the schools that haven't requested one yet? 

amk320

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Application Deadlines -
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:32:30 PM »
Good deal.  Thanks. :)

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 09:35:39 PM »
Wow, 31 schools! Suddenly I feel better about the whole "Applications are up this year!" panic. They are all you!  ;)

amk320

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 10:40:21 PM »
I had an LSAC fee waiver, so I assumed it'd be free to apply to all these places.  Then I just got a MASSIVE bill from LSAC, because I didn't know that after my first four "free" reports, I'd be charged $12 per.  I didn't even know what a "report" was prior to applying.  But I figured I might as well just pay the $300 or so.  Sure beats the.. several thousand I would've had to pay in application fees.

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 09:04:57 AM »
True dat. Good luck!