Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody else selling their house?  (Read 2150 times)

jawilliamson

• View Profile
Re: Anybody else selling their house?
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 04:43:43 PM »
After reading all these posts I'm starting to feel lucky, out market has been somewhat immune to the housing bubble... we bought for 150K and after two years we are up to about 190K with all the improvements adding the majority of the equity... Richmond real estate is still appreciating at about 4%-7% a year as compared to 10%-14% a couple of years ago. 

I have talked to alot of people who have lost 10%-20% in the past year due to the housing bubble, most of them were in Northern VA/ DC area

UVA Law Class of 2011 !!!
GPA 4.0
Dec LSAT 166

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jawilliamson

AJ

• View Profile
Re: Anybody else selling their house?
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »
I've had my house on the market for 10 months  >:(  I never dreamed it would be this hard to sell.

I saw a piece on ABC news a little while back about people that trade their homes with others. This is a method that has arisen in this tough market. It works like this: A person in real estate market 'A' wants to move to real estate market 'B'. The person in market 'A' finds someone in market 'B' who wants to move to market 'A' and trades homes with this person. Has anyone considered this? Of course, the thing about owning a home during law school is that we all know the hidden expenses of home ownership. I'm not sure I want to deal with it during school.