Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How much do Adcomms hate lsn...  (Read 1492 times)

doos13

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
How much do Adcomms hate lsn...
« on: March 01, 2008, 02:03:41 AM »
...considering that it makes their admissions so transparent, and flagrant yp's so obvious to applicants who care?

Alecto

• Sr. Citizen
  • Class of 2011
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oceangirlUGA
    • View Profile
Re: How much do Adcomms hate lsn...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:52:23 PM »
ahhhh, the internet makes everyone's life more interesting and job more challenging . . . .
they probably get pretty irritated that there's so much communicating going on.

pacific sands

• Come on. Rain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 07:12:57 PM »
How long have law school forums been around? Eventually some people who once trolled for Michigan and Penn in these forums will find themselves on admissions committees, able to both anonymously release information to our masses and to willfully alter the system in favor of their schools. In short, it may become a lot easier in some ways and substantially more complex in others.

gladiator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Politics Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 09:40:22 PM »
I'm sure schools aren't too broken up over the fact that LSN has taught people you need to get good grades and do well on the LSAT.

rabbit9198

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 11:36:38 PM »
They already release 25/75 numbers, LSN just confirms a pattern and, to some extent, actually humanizes it (if people describe their soft factors, URM status, multiple LSAT scores, etc.).

Obviously, LSN also makes the process seem pretty mechanical, which I'm sure they don't particularly enjoy, but for many (even TOP) schools, the numbers seem to be pretty determinant.
Read my blog about 1L life at Yale (and Harvard): http://similarlysituated.blogspot.com/

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/rabbit9198/

YLS 2011