Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan State  (Read 824 times)

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Michigan State
« on: February 29, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »
Has anyone done a tour or had exposure to the school?  Just curious if anyone has thoughts on the place.  Thanks much!
Proving there is redemption in this world...

HarveyWallbanger

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Michigan State
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 05:21:58 PM »
Has anyone done a tour or had exposure to the school?  Just curious if anyone has thoughts on the place.  Thanks much!

Well...if you like setting couches on fire...E. Lansing is tough to beat!

Seriously, what other schools are you considering?  I don't know anything about their law school, except that they also wear the colors of envy and surrender.
'Dozo-bound.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:26:09 PM »
Check your PM

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »
Harv, (you don't mind me calling you Harv, do you?)

Go back to Ann Arbor, take your ride to Cardozo and shove that, along with a stalk of maize, where the sun doesn't shine. 

Since you didn't have anything to say, you probably should have just moved along.  Thanks again.

OlderandWiser

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's not creepy, it's kittens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 08:01:52 PM »

Hi armyjag, I can't speak too much about the law school specifically, but I grew up around there and almost everyone in my HS (except me, I chose the maize and blue) went there, so I have some familiarity.  If you have general questions about MSU or E.Lansing I'd be happy to answer them, just PM me. 

To Ender, love the name, one of my favorite characters.  AND your bird is a Michigan fan, I think I like you.   :D
University of Washington 2011

HarveyWallbanger

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 04:13:38 AM »
Harv, (you don't mind me calling you Harv, do you?)

Go back to Ann Arbor, take your ride to Cardozo and shove that, along with a stalk of maize, where the sun doesn't shine. 

Since you didn't have anything to say, you probably should have just moved along.  Thanks again.

Touche'.  Sorry; i was totally just playing.  I'm sure it's a fine law school.  As for campus life, my brother went there and loved it, as well as one of my best friends.  Just a little intrastate rivalry razzing.  Meant no harm. Feel free to call me Harv, or rag on our broke-ass basketball team.
'Dozo-bound.

Detroitynglawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 01:05:23 AM »
Hey Wallbanger, you realize thats a drink right?  I figure you went to U of M with my brother and thats why you have a... lol anyhow...

MSU looks nice, I spent a lot of time there (and looking at the Law School)

It's no top school, but I think I would set you on a nice track to get a job near there. 

and btw I applied at Christmas and I havent heard yet.
Got into Wayne though (159, 3.0, undergrad at MSU '05)

bruinbro

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 04:47:09 PM »
I think Michigan State recently hired a new dean.
In: Case Western ($$), IU-B ($$), USD ($$), Pitt ($$), Iowa, Wisconsin , George Mason ($), Loyola-LA ($$), UC-Davis, UIUC ($), American, Tulane ($$),GW
Out: Notre Dame,BC,WUSTL,Cornell,W&L

thebiggdawg55

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 07:17:01 PM »
MSU's campus life is 2nd to none, I'm a current student there and I've also toured the law scool extensively (I studied there a lot).

The facilities at the law school are really nice, everything is brand new (as the school was just recently moved to MSU). The library is very nice, very modern, and the law school is in a brand new building. All in all, the school itself is very modern, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed from that stand point.

The campus, as I said before, is unsurpassed in terms of vibrancy and atmosphere. Gamedays are INSANE, both for football and basketball. East lansing is generally small and typical of a college town, but the campus itself is beautiful and sprawling (very green, true to its colors).

And as far as the law school, it's moving up very quickly. It went from being T4 just a year ago to T3, and its well on its way up. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
UC Hastings Class of 2011 !!!!

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »
I don't know if she will last as Dean, the ABA is involved now because of conflicts of interest and other things.  I just withdrew from MSU.  Among my other reasons, I get nervous when I hear about problems in the administrative section.