Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Florida, Anyone?  (Read 1614 times)

literaryTurtle

• View Profile
University of Florida, Anyone?
« on: February 28, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »
My application was complete with Dec LSAT right after Christmas. haven't heard a peep from UF. Has anyone heard back from them? I heard they're really behind this year.
------
3.49 GPA, 162 LSAT
In: FSU, Stetson, Pacific, FL Coastal
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=literaryturtle

stinabee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Florida, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 05:31:06 PM »
Hey. I go to UF for undergrad. I haven't heard that they are behind, but I do have a friend still waiting that applied earlier than you, and she has good numbers too. I think there are still a handful of people on LSD still waiting to hear back as well.  I got a decision a week ago and I applied beginning of January, so I'm sure you'll hear soon.

literaryTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 05:45:16 PM »
I'm at FSU. Someone told me they were mailing acceptances last Friday, but I'd have it by now if that were true. UF's the last school I'm waiting on, and at this point its all about money. My first choice is FSU, but I have to wait and see where I'll have the least amount of debt before I go ahead and rent a house :(
------
3.49 GPA, 162 LSAT
In: FSU, Stetson, Pacific, FL Coastal
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=literaryturtle

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:10:56 PM »
I've been waiting on UF since October, but I'm a splitter so that isn't to odd, I suppose.  I have heard people commenting on them being a bit behind this cycle.  I'm not sure if that is true or gossip.  Hopefully we will all know soon.  They say they'll have decisions out by the end of March/beginning of April.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

billymahogany

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 12:42:16 AM »
I got in about a week or so ago.  5.6 index.
In:  UF, Tulane, FSU($), Miami($$$), Stetson, Oregon($)
Out: Washington and Lee
W/L: Arizona
Decision: UF c/o 2011!

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 01:58:27 AM »
I am a UF 1L. It took them a very long time to send me my decision-- I applied in Sept, and don't think I heard back from them until mid-March. My index was a 5.7.

It doesn't hurt to send them a letter of continued interest and an updated resume! The people in admissions are great-- very helpful.

Also, if you decide to come here, I can't say enough great things about Student Affairs-- our financial aid person  is AMAZING and everyone in the dean's office is super nice and helpful!!!

This week, the Law School is competing in the Grad Cup -- sports events/charity fundraiser. We're losing miserably to the Med School, Dental School and Rx School teams, but we're having a lot of fun. Go Law! Levin is a really tight-knit group of students. I really didn't like it here very much during my first semester b/c I've never lived in a college town before and I was getting claustrophobic, but I'm really starting to enjoy myself. There's always something social going on, and I'm seeing more and more networking events being advertised, speakers series, etc.

I really do think that FSU vs. UF is just splitting hairs-- go to the school you'll be happiest at. Your in-state job prospects will be about equal.
Vanderbilt 2010

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »
I am a UF 1L. It took them a very long time to send me my decision-- I applied in Sept, and don't think I heard back from them until mid-March. My index was a 5.7.

It doesn't hurt to send them a letter of continued interest and an updated resume! The people in admissions are great-- very helpful.

Also, if you decide to come here, I can't say enough great things about Student Affairs-- our financial aid person  is AMAZING and everyone in the dean's office is super nice and helpful!!!

This week, the Law School is competing in the Grad Cup -- sports events/charity fundraiser. We're losing miserably to the Med School, Dental School and Rx School teams, but we're having a lot of fun. Go Law! Levin is a really tight-knit group of students. I really didn't like it here very much during my first semester b/c I've never lived in a college town before and I was getting claustrophobic, but I'm really starting to enjoy myself. There's always something social going on, and I'm seeing more and more networking events being advertised, speakers series, etc.

I really do think that FSU vs. UF is just splitting hairs-- go to the school you'll be happiest at. Your in-state job prospects will be about equal.

Thank you for that nice bit of info.  It's one of my top choices. 

stinabee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 11:27:33 PM »
Anyone else hear from UF?

For those admitted and attending, where are you thinking about living?? I'm just starting to look into my options since it looks like I'll be a gator for another 3 years :) (providing I get denied from UNC and William and Mary...with a 157, very likely) Also, whos attending the ASW in April? And are you bringing a guest?

billymahogany

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 12:03:13 AM »
Anyone else hear from UF?

For those admitted and attending, where are you thinking about living?? I'm just starting to look into my options since it looks like I'll be a gator for another 3 years :) (providing I get denied from UNC and William and Mary...with a 157, very likely) Also, whos attending the ASW in April? And are you bringing a guest?

So you decided not to retake the LSAT and reapply next year, huh?  I'm going to be living in a house near the law school or in an apartment in midtown (most likely).  Where are you looking?
In:  UF, Tulane, FSU($), Miami($$$), Stetson, Oregon($)
Out: Washington and Lee
W/L: Arizona
Decision: UF c/o 2011!

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 12:56:25 AM »
Still haven't heard back from UF, but I was definitely expecting a delay since I only applied in January, and I had a bunch of supplemental materials that I only not too long ago sent in. I walk by the law school every day for class so it's a bit of a "so close, yet so far" kind of feeling. Right now, I'm just getting jacked up for my trip to Tulane next weekend.
Tulane c/o 2011