Law School Discussion

Question about raising GPA

Question about raising GPA
« on: February 28, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »
Hello. I am close to graduating this summer. I still have at least 12 units to go before i complete my major requirement. I was wondering, since I am a transfer student, can I go back to my JC and take some more classes to boost my GPA? the JC gives out no degrees and I want to take some classes together before I graduate at my 4 year university. I think this will still count toward my LSAC report, no?

Re: Question about raising GPA
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:04:36 AM »
If they are not part of any degree program and are not on your college transcript, then no, they will not count.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:06:13 AM »
it will be on my JC colllege transcript. im a transfer student. JC units were used only to go to a 4 year university. don't they count?

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 10:07:24 AM »
If you take them before you officially graduate, then they will count.  If you take them after you graduate, they will count.  Do it if they count.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 10:54:41 AM »
If you take them before you officially graduate, then they will count.  If you take them after you graduate, they will count.  Do it if they count.

I think this is right, assuming that t1 meant to say they will NOT count if taken after graduation.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 11:42:45 AM »
wait, i thought once u graduate it doesnt count?

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 11:48:39 AM »
wait, i thought once u graduate it doesnt count?

Exactly.  I think t1 just misspoke.  Non-degree classes taken after you get a degree don't count.