Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Threatened By LSN Member  (Read 1976 times)

Avicenna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Threatened By LSN Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 07:03:11 PM »
He's also threatened other people in this same way. I'm a bit hesitant to call my schools to tell them this. I'm really just worried how they will take it. I thought about sending an email or doing something...but it just seems as if this person is just trying to scare me.

conoroberst

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
Whoops, I hope we didn't leak your info.

LMAO!

Also, sorry OP. Thats really terrible. I hope its fake.

ulpian246

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 01:05:40 AM »
Why would someone even find that entertaining/funny?  Every day I'm become a little more pessimistic about humanity... Nice avatar btw conoroberst, (Go Blue!).

Signal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 01:54:58 AM »
How do I approach this? What do I tell them?

Are they going to believe me? Or think something is wrong?

If I were in your shoes, I'd use the phrase "identity theft" without going into specifics.  It lends credibility due to its increased presence in our society, and at the same time, you don't have to mention LSD, LSN, or internet anything.

I agree. I'd say that it's come to your attention that someone has stolen your identity, and you would like to make sure that they don't use the information at the schools where you have been accepted to cause mischief in any way. Ask for them to put that a SSN or LSAC # is needed. I'm sure they have encountered this before. I wouldn't mention the internet if at all possible.

chammon2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 09:57:20 PM »
I would lean towards assuming it is a hoax. 

Maybe even a friend as ironic as that sounds.  Does your LSN username have part of your name in it?  If you have Facebook or MySpace, the person could have found out your real name.  Or if you put too much info in your profile and it was someone from your school that recognized you.

I can't believe someone would do that but I doubt they went thru all that trouble just to screw you.  What is the persons name on LSN?  If you were to call the schools I would just mention that you might be a victim of identity theft and tell them to ask for your SSN.  I wouldn't tell them what actually happened.  It would look just as bad as if the person told them.

And I agree, just make it so you can't write on your profile at all.  That should take care of the person continuing to bother you.

OBFabil2020

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 03:02:32 PM »
I cant believe someone would do that man, what a weirdo

???

:o

::)

;)