Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Denver  (Read 21039 times)

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Denver
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2008, 02:34:19 PM »
Book options on campus: DU Bookstore in Driscoll (building in front of the law school) or the SBA bookstore
Off campus: amazon, half, etc

1st semester 1L year, I got all my books at the bookstore.  After realizing I didn't need brand new books, I never went back (other than for a car decal & sweatshirt).

The book list is usually on the advanced assignment page (under registrar, course info).  OR. . .you can go to the du bookstore website and check to see if the booklist is updated (you have to know your course # & prof name).

You're ganna buy your book now?  WHY?  Understandably (is that even a word?) you are excited but you still have plenty of time to purchase books before classes.  You have 3 weeks or so til orientation?  TAKE ADVANTAGE!!  Go buy/borrow/steal some FUN/NON Law books and read away because you won't have time once classes start.

**This message brought to you by a 3L who spent 3 hours and $60 at B&N buying fun/non law books today. ;D

Yeah, not the reason I was asking. I didn't want to get a jump start on the reading, I want to get the online so I can save money. I wanted to find the best deal and still get them in time to have them on the first day of class.

Don't worry, I am doing nothing right now. Well, I am moving to Denver on the first, so I am doing a lot of stuff to get ready to move my family there, but other than that I am have no scholastic pursuits at the moment.

By the way, I read on DU's website that the light rail pass is only good at certain stops in Denver. My wife and I are moving to Sante Fe/Mineral and I was wondering if I will be able to take the light rail for free from that far away?

Yes.  You'll get a sticker to put on your ID that is good for any stop/train/bus. . .not that anyone really checks anyway.

Good luck with your move!
3L @ University of Denver

bufflover

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2008, 06:08:31 PM »
kill the headlights-- I believe I have the same schedule. Are you in section 1?

...does anybody know the password for faculty evaluations page? I emailed a while ago and didn't receive a response..

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2008, 09:20:41 PM »
yes, i know it. . .but i won't post it.  pm me and i'll give it to you.  or, you can email/call lauri, julie, or wait til orientation.

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2008, 11:02:30 PM »

By the way, I read on DU's website that the light rail pass is only good at certain stops in Denver. My wife and I are moving to Sante Fe/Mineral and I was wondering if I will be able to take the light rail for free from that far away?

The light rail pass is good for all stops on the light rail.  I have used my pass, and  been checked, on every light rail route.   Here is the website: http://www.du.edu/transcenter/#passes

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2008, 02:54:49 AM »
kill the headlights-- I believe I have the same schedule. Are you in section 1?

...does anybody know the password for faculty evaluations page? I emailed a while ago and didn't receive a response..

Yeah, I am in 1A. It looks like we have the same section.

Just out of curiosity, why don't we use the DU page to post? It seems like that would be the best place. It doesn't seem like that page gets a lot of traffic.

Thanks for the bus info. For some reason I thought that I saw that the pass we get makes it so you can only ride from A-B, B-A; B-C, C-B. I must have been misreading something. The pass will make it nice and far less pricey.
Paid the seat deposit at DU

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2008, 11:50:18 AM »

The light rail pass is good for all stops on the light rail.  I have used my pass, and  been checked, on every light rail route.   Here is the website: http://www.du.edu/transcenter/#passes

REALLY?  That sucks.  In the past two years, I've never been asked to show my ID/pass.

bufflover

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2008, 02:30:01 AM »

Just out of curiosity, why don't we use the DU page to post? It seems like that would be the best place.

Agreed.

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »

Just out of curiosity, why don't we use the DU page to post? It seems like that would be the best place.

Agreed.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,4013048.0.html

There is the thread I started. It is under DU. Let's use this one, everyone posting on this thread is already admitted or already attending.
Paid the seat deposit at DU

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2008, 01:27:46 PM »
Thanks for the insight!  Hardaway sounds hilarious, although his exam sounds insane...good to know, though.  I have a feeling that I will be on the love side of Miccio since I am big into feminist issues and gay rights as well. She sounds fascinating. It's too bad that nobody liked Pepper in your section because I am really excited for Torts. I guess we'll see.

Killtheheadlights, the only reason I know about the schedule is because I called the registrar (getting antsy) and they had be added to myweb.  You can check there under the registration tabs. 

Ladivina,im in your section :) I just joined this forum but anyways, I guess I'll be meeting you soon.

Hi!  So, I'm pretty sure that I know who you are because you friended me on facebook (I think, based on your screen name).  I'm glad that you are in my section...my friends who are current/former students have good things to say about our profs, for the most part. Looking forward to meeting you!
University of Denver 1L!
_____________________________ ________________
"Non tutta la frutta fa maturare"