Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Denver  (Read 21769 times)

LittleMissMeeba

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Denver
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2008, 10:37:04 PM »
Hey all... I received my schedule as well :)

Civil Procedure: Marsh
Contracts: Moffat
LP: Anderson
Criminal LAw: Still doesn't have a name...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. And thanks SoManyQuestions, for the tip to check out the evals.

I move in three days!!! Finally!

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2008, 10:41:51 AM »

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. And thanks SoManyQuestions, for the tip to check out the evals.

Did they email them or you just checked?
Paid the seat deposit at DU

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2008, 11:34:50 AM »
Thanks for the insight!  Hardaway sounds hilarious, although his exam sounds insane...good to know, though.  I have a feeling that I will be on the love side of Miccio since I am big into feminist issues and gay rights as well. She sounds fascinating. It's too bad that nobody liked Pepper in your section because I am really excited for Torts. I guess we'll see.

Killtheheadlights, the only reason I know about the schedule is because I called the registrar (getting antsy) and they had be added to myweb.  You can check there under the registration tabs. 

University of Denver 1L!
_____________________________ ________________
"Non tutta la frutta fa maturare"

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2008, 03:35:46 PM »

Marsh is my favorite professor so far!  I had her for property, and I am taking trusts & estates this fall.  Just make sure you have always done the reading, because she hates it when people are unprepared.

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2008, 10:35:31 AM »
I received my schedule also, well it isn't actually a schedule, it is just a list of classes and who is teaching them. I wish it had time but it does not. Here is the list:

Torts- no teacher
Civil Procedure- Katharine DuVivier
Criminal Law- Sam Kamin
Lawyering Process I- Tanya Brown

What do you think? Is there a place where I can see what times these classes are at? I have clicked on every schedule link but to no avail.

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2008, 05:56:37 PM »
I received my schedule also, well it isn't actually a schedule, it is just a list of classes and who is teaching them. I wish it had time but it does not. Here is the list:

Torts- no teacher
Criminal Law- Sam Kamin

What do you think? Is there a place where I can see what times these classes are at? I have clicked on every schedule link but to no avail.

KK is really nice but so boring.  As if civ pro wasn't bad enough, her soft spoken voice and lectures will put you right to sleep.  Her final is a typing test. . .whoever types the fastest wins.  She has a midterm (which virtually doesn't count so it's a nice practice test).  Again, I suggest checking out the faculty evals. . .under the registrar's page.

For the schedule of classes, try this:
http://law.du.edu/forms/registrar/class-schedules/output_schedules.cfm?ID=Fall%202008

http://law.du.edu/index.php/registrar/class-schedules
3L @ University of Denver

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2008, 11:16:05 PM »

Torts- no teacher
Criminal Law- Sam Kamin

KK is really nice but so boring.  As if civ pro wasn't bad enough, her soft spoken voice and lectures will put you right to sleep.  Her final is a typing test. . .whoever types the fastest wins.  She has a midterm (which virtually doesn't count so it's a nice practice test).  Again, I suggest checking out the faculty evals. . .under the registrar's page.

For the schedule of classes, try this:
http://law.du.edu/forms/registrar/class-schedules/output_schedules.cfm?ID=Fall%202008

http://law.du.edu/index.php/registrar/class-schedules

Torts- no teacher
Criminal Law- Sam Kamin

Try this:

Log on to WebCentral

Then click on the “myWeb” tab

Then Banner Self Service folder

Then Student and Finical Aid folder

Then Registration Folder

Then Student Detail Schedule

Then choose “Autumn Semester 2008”

Click submit

You should see each class and under “scheduled meeting times” the days/time/classrooms for your classes. If its not here, its not posted yet.

I had Kamin for Crim Law, he's good, but has some ideoscracies, like don't ever walk in front of him if your late and he has started class, he will lose it. I thought he was going to have aheart attck when a girl in our class did that.

Thanks for the comments and instructions. They worked. I have class until 4 :( and I also have class on Friday till 4. That is far from ideal, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Where do you guys get your school books from? Where can I see what the required texts are for the classes I have?

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2008, 10:30:22 PM »
Book options on campus: DU Bookstore in Driscoll (building in front of the law school) or the SBA bookstore
Off campus: amazon, half, etc

1st semester 1L year, I got all my books at the bookstore.  After realizing I didn't need brand new books, I never went back (other than for a car decal & sweatshirt).

The book list is usually on the advanced assignment page (under registrar, course info).  OR. . .you can go to the du bookstore website and check to see if the booklist is updated (you have to know your course # & prof name).

You're ganna buy your book now?  WHY?  Understandably (is that even a word?) you are excited but you still have plenty of time to purchase books before classes.  You have 3 weeks or so til orientation?  TAKE ADVANTAGE!!  Go buy/borrow/steal some FUN/NON Law books and read away because you won't have time once classes start.

**This message brought to you by a 3L who spent 3 hours and $60 at B&N buying fun/non law books today. ;D
3L @ University of Denver

FutureMissAmerica

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2008, 12:04:50 AM »
Thanks for the insight!  Hardaway sounds hilarious, although his exam sounds insane...good to know, though.  I have a feeling that I will be on the love side of Miccio since I am big into feminist issues and gay rights as well. She sounds fascinating. It's too bad that nobody liked Pepper in your section because I am really excited for Torts. I guess we'll see.

Killtheheadlights, the only reason I know about the schedule is because I called the registrar (getting antsy) and they had be added to myweb.  You can check there under the registration tabs. 

Ladivina,im in your section :) I just joined this forum but anyways, I guess I'll be meeting you soon.

1L at Denver

accepted: Miami, Pepperdine, UF, FSU, Tennessee, Missouri, Michigan State, Nebraska, Creighton, Wyoming, Univ of San Diego

waitlisted: BC, Indiana, Iowa, SMU

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »
Book options on campus: DU Bookstore in Driscoll (building in front of the law school) or the SBA bookstore
Off campus: amazon, half, etc

1st semester 1L year, I got all my books at the bookstore.  After realizing I didn't need brand new books, I never went back (other than for a car decal & sweatshirt).

The book list is usually on the advanced assignment page (under registrar, course info).  OR. . .you can go to the du bookstore website and check to see if the booklist is updated (you have to know your course # & prof name).

You're ganna buy your book now?  WHY?  Understandably (is that even a word?) you are excited but you still have plenty of time to purchase books before classes.  You have 3 weeks or so til orientation?  TAKE ADVANTAGE!!  Go buy/borrow/steal some FUN/NON Law books and read away because you won't have time once classes start.

**This message brought to you by a 3L who spent 3 hours and $60 at B&N buying fun/non law books today. ;D

Yeah, not the reason I was asking. I didn't want to get a jump start on the reading, I want to get the online so I can save money. I wanted to find the best deal and still get them in time to have them on the first day of class.

Don't worry, I am doing nothing right now. Well, I am moving to Denver on the first, so I am doing a lot of stuff to get ready to move my family there, but other than that I am have no scholastic pursuits at the moment.

By the way, I read on DU's website that the light rail pass is only good at certain stops in Denver. My wife and I are moving to Sante Fe/Mineral and I was wondering if I will be able to take the light rail for free from that far away?