Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Denver  (Read 21361 times)

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
Re: University of Denver
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2008, 02:03:48 PM »
done with finals...2 weeks off until summer classes!

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2008, 04:36:29 AM »
Another parking related question:

Do people with motorcycles need to get a permit? I noticed there were a few motorcycles parked by the entrance in the garage during student orientation days. Is there a special permit for motorcyclists? Over 400 dollars seems like a ton of money to spend on parking my vehicle.

Paid the seat deposit at DU

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2008, 01:34:49 AM »
The new website at DU is a significant upgrade. I was impressed. I am getting ready to plunk down my second tuition deposit.

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2008, 08:13:33 PM »
The new website at DU is a significant upgrade. I was impressed. I am getting ready to plunk down my second tuition deposit.

it's about time. the old website was terrible.

ms10

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2008, 10:59:57 AM »
tag

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2008, 01:22:30 PM »
I saw this on my financial aid page:

DU Need-Based FFEL Grant LW 10,000$

What is that? I am assuming that it is a grant, but I was not notified about it. Does anyone know anything about these grants?

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2008, 01:56:49 AM »
I checked with the office of financial aid and they said that it is a grant that I do not have to pay back! Sweet! I am only going to be paying a couple grand for tuition. Also, the Celts won today, so I am ecstatic.  Thanks for the response.

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »
I got my schedule of classes today!  I can't wait!  Matthies, can you give me any info on the following Profs? 

Civil Pro-Hardaway
Crim-Miccio
Lawyering Process-Thompson
Torts-Pepper

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
University of Denver 1L!
_____________________________ ________________
"Non tutta la frutta fa maturare"

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2008, 05:56:03 PM »
I got my schedule of classes today!  I can't wait!  Matthies, can you give me any info on the following Profs? 

Civil Pro-Hardaway
Crim-Miccio
Lawyering Process-Thompson
Torts-Pepper

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hardaway is a character all right!  I had him for Civ Pro fall 07.  You do have to get over the fact that he uses a mircrophone in a small classroom, which is weird.  I used to make the class interesting by typing all the rediculous phrases that he uses.  Example:  "The Supreme Court did not have to address issue X, but Justice Y just had to guild the lilly." 

He uses a card system as matthies described, but it is far from random.  The same people get called on all the time! He does work really hard to make sure people understand things by having an after class session every day.  I did not attend any after class sessions and did well in the class, so they are not necessary but if you are not understanding things I would definetely attend. 

His test was aweful...The test packet was 75 pages, with 4.5 hours to complete the exam.  I would say 80% of the class was still there when I left with 5 min remaining. 

He has the AAP people administer practice exams over each topic, which I thought were extremely beneficial.  Even if you do not attend all the practice tests, email the AAP person and ask for the test and the answer key so you can do it on your own time.  The practice tests are usually verbatim old bar exam questions, so it is great practice.  Whoever gets the top score on the practice test gets a fantastic prize...a book Hardaway wrote on some infamous murder in Denver. 

Just a few phrases Hardaway will likely use, and you may never find them in any supplement:
-Under Color of Law
-Raw Power
-Reverse Erie

Take good note, always be prepared for class, and study like hell for the exam!!  Let me know if you have any other questions about Hardaway or 1L generally.

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2008, 09:31:10 PM »
Hardaway: Even if you hate his class (though most seem like him after you get over the teaching style), you'll love his annual Halloween party.  He is an expert in many areas including transportation law, criminal law, etc.  Didn't have him but met him on a few occassions. . .definitely unique & will never remember your name (as you'll soon find out).

Miccio: Personally, she scares me. . .but as Matthies said, she is love or hate.  She's really really big on feminism, gay rights, and everything NY (including the Yankees).

Thompson: Dunno. . .but LP is LP. . .I personally don't think it matters who you have.  They are all about the same.

Pepper:  My 1L year, my torts section was divided into two, and the other half of my section had Pepper. . .most hated him.  His big area in law is ethics/legal profession.

On another note, I suggest checking out the professor evals online.  They are under the registrar page, faculty evaluations. . .I think you have to email Lauri or Julie to get the password (there should be an instruction on who to email on that page).

Anyone volunteering at orientation this year?
3L @ University of Denver