Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Denver  (Read 21959 times)

familyman

• View Profile
Re: University of Denver
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2008, 10:46:59 AM »
So I hear that seat deposits are due today, true? I don't have a decision yet, so hopefully it will come now that deposits are due...

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2008, 11:55:06 AM »
Yep, they are due today.  I just paid mine over the phone!  I'm sure that if you haven't gotten a decision from them yet they will give you a different deadline for seat deposits.  Now I just have to decide if I want to make any more deposits or if my decision is made. Why is this decision hard? I really want to stay in Denver. It's just hard to close doors of opportunity I guess.  Good luck to you all as you make decisions!
University of Denver 1L!
_____________________________ ________________
"Non tutta la frutta fa maturare"

familyman

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2008, 01:06:52 PM »
Matthies - Does DU typically send out another 'round' of acceptances once the seat deposit deadline passes? I haven't been rejected or waitlisted yet, so I think I have a decent chance based on my numbers.

Ladivine - Are you going to put down multiple deposits, and is that permitted?

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2008, 03:32:10 PM »
I haven't decided yet.  My others aren't due until the 15th, but I'm not sure if it is even worth delaying the inevitable because I'm pretty sure that I want to go to DU.  Paying multiple seat deposits is ceratainly allowed, but it's kind of like burning money, if you know where you really want to go. 

Matthies...may I ask you what kind of laptop you have?  Thanks! 
University of Denver 1L!

skinsfan123

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2008, 04:34:11 PM »
Did anyone post on DU's ASD?

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2008, 04:43:52 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone posted, but I went and loved it!  What would you like to know?
 :)
University of Denver 1L!

skinsfan123

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »
Everything.

On a separate note,I hear CO, in general, is filled with a lot of nativists and East Coast haters. Anyone care to set the record straight?

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2008, 05:10:34 PM »
Well, to address your second question first, I am a Colorado native and certainly not an east coast hater.  However, I am a professional opera singer (big career jump for me, right?) and so I spend a lot of time back east for auditions and such. Not that it is east coast, but I spent 4 years in Chicago while getting my masters at Northwestern. I loved it, but am not a fan of the midwest. Colorado people LOVE Colorado, but are too happy to hate anything.  The thing that you will probably not like about Denver is that, compared to east coast cities, it doesn't have a great "city identity" if you know what I mean.  It is a very transient city, so you won't find many natives, and I personally think that the sports fans are very fair weather.  Anyway, no one will hate you because you are from the east coast. 

In regards to EVERYTHING about the ASD, I will try my best. The Dean welcomed us to the school and spoke about why he chose to become Dean a couple years ago.  Then a student panel took about an hour to answer any questions.  Then a  faculty panel did the same.  At that point we took a tour of the building, which is amazing.  Then we split into break out sessions based on our interests.  I went to the International Law session and the Trial Advocacy/Moot Court session.  The head of the International Law program is AMAZING.  Professor Nanda is totally the type of person that could mentor you into great opportunities in this field.  I also really like how practical everything is at DU.  It seems like we should have tons of time to practice our trial skills.  After the break out sessions there was a reception and I met some very nice people. 
Other thoughts:
-I love their Clinical/Internship programs
-I felt a little old...not really old, but I am 27 and could definitely tell that I was not coming straight out of undergrad. My friend who is 29 and a 2L said it is not a problem for him, but still, I hope there is a more mature crowd.
-I really want to be selected to go to the Hague during the summer (it is a writing contest).
-The international trial team sounds like it is doing very well (Matthies, any thoughts?)

Um, I am happy to answer more of your questions, but that's all I have for now, skinsfan.
University of Denver 1L!

skinsfan123

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »
That was pretty helpful. You seem interested in International Law as well. That is what I am looking at right now. Thanks for the info.

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2008, 12:36:12 AM »
I put down my seat deposit on Thursday. I am pretty stoked.

I also went to admitted students day. I was impressed overall. The professors seemed great.
Paid the seat deposit at DU