Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Denver  (Read 21923 times)

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
Re: University of Denver
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2008, 06:03:17 PM »
Lincoln Pointe is brand new, and seems very nice.  It is on the east side of I-25. The light rail and most shopping is on the west side of I-25.

I live at AMLI, and it is pretty quiet and nice.  I walk to the train when the weather is nice. 

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »
Lincoln Pointe is brand new, and seems very nice.  It is on the east side of I-25. The light rail and most shopping is on the west side of I-25.

I live at AMLI, and it is pretty quiet and nice.  I walk to the train when the weather is nice. 

How much is AMLI a month? I think we are going to pay 1030 for three bedrooms at Lincoln Pointe. Also, which is further from the lightrail, AMLI or Lincoln Pointe. I have googled earthed Lincoln Point and it looks like it is about a half a mile or less, but you have to go over/under the highway to get there. But the 25 minute commute sounds awesome, and then I wouldn't need to use a car or pay the gas. It sounds quite nice.

Paid the seat deposit at DU

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2008, 06:00:25 PM »
AMLI is definetely closer to the light rail, and you do not have to go over I-25.  I am not sure how much AMLI is for a 3 bedroom, but it it likely more expensive than Lincoln Pointe.  The website for AMLI is www.amli.com, so you can check it out for yourself.  We live in the Buckeye model, and like it. 

Good luck with the apartment search!

kylie_johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2008, 07:11:47 PM »
Has anyone gotten into DU with a 2.88 and 157? What other tier 2 schools can you probably get into with these numbers?

LittleMissMeeba

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2008, 09:59:53 PM »
I called right after I was accepted and asked them to up my scholarship. They said to call back after seat deposits.

Thanks for that info. Now I have to weigh my chances of actually getting a scholly increase. Something tells me it's not in my favor, but the only other place I'd put a deposit in at will cost $100. That's not too bad, I guess. (Ugh. Never thought I'd say losing $100 wasn't 'bad')

Anyone know DU's history regarding this issue? Do they often pull through with extra $$$ or is it unlikely?

LittleMissMeeba

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2008, 10:06:21 PM »
Has anyone gotten into DU with a 2.88 and 157? What other tier 2 schools can you probably get into with these numbers?

Tough to say, especially if you're looking to apply this late in the cycle. I'd take a look at lsac.org's UGPA/LSAT search device. See where you have a 50% chance or higher of being admitted-You have a decent chance at those schools. That being said, other factors besides GPA and LSAT scores influence admissions committees...

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2008, 01:45:15 PM »
So I went to a decision last Wednesday I believe. I still havent received anything.  Should I call..? Could this hurt me?

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2008, 02:07:49 PM »
So I went to a decision last Wednesday I believe. I still havent received anything.  Should I call..? Could this hurt me?

Personally, I doubt that calling would hurt you as long as you are polite, unless they have specifically told you not to call (like CU did when I applied)   I bothered admissions at DU a lot before I was accepted, and was later told that they appreciated my persistence and continued interest in DU.   

familyman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2008, 09:47:44 AM »
Unlike some schools, DU will actually reply to an email as well....

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »
Matthies and somanyquestions, you guys/girls are current students. What would you guess the average starting salary is for people working in firms? I am just curious. I have been reading some recent threads on the impossibility of making it financially with a T2 starting salary. I was just curious, as you guys actually probably hear these statistics from your classmates.
Paid the seat deposit at DU