Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Denver  (Read 21613 times)

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
Re: University of Denver
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 11:32:18 PM »
Yeah, thanks for the advice, but I am not talking about downtown. I am talking about the Cheesecake Factory in Highlands Ranch or Maggiano's. Just those two places. I love both restaurants, and my wife has never been to Maggiano's before so I am leaning there right now.

Paid the seat deposit at DU

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2008, 06:27:03 AM »
Yeah, thanks for the advice, but I am not talking about downtown. I am talking about the Cheesecake Factory in Highlands Ranch or Maggiano's. Just those two places. I love both restaurants, and my wife has never been to Maggiano's before so I am leaning there right now.

Go to Maggiano's.  There's a HUGE one off of 25 by Exit 199 (I think?). . .if you pass it, you'll see it on the highway. . .it's HUGE.

Like the previous poster said, I wouldn't go to either.  But then again, that wasn't your question.

Have fun visiting. . .hope the weather is nice for you.  It's bipolar as of late.
3L @ University of Denver

familyman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2008, 08:43:37 PM »
Anyone on this thread know if DU is known for postponing decisions on the part time class until the full time is set? I applied a long time ago and have yet to hear from them...

EPL

• Jose Arrogantio
    • View Profile
Re: University of Denver Vs. Colorado
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2008, 08:57:26 PM »
I'm from Colorado and go to CU.  I would think Colorado is an easy choice over Denver.  Boulder is without a doubt the nicest place to live in Colorado, while Denver is very low on the list of places I would live in Colorado.

Without a doubt, really? I would give that nod to Aspen or Vail ;)
Admitted: NYU, Georgetown

Deferred: Columbia, Northwestern

Waitlisted: UPenn, Berkeley, Michigan, Duke

Rejected: Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Chicago

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »
So I know we have been through this before but I am curious.  After months of waiting, I noticed a change online today.  The complete ready for review part is gone....I cannot apply for housing but I heard that they had stoppped doing that because the volume of calls..Any thoughts?

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2008, 10:45:05 PM »
Yeah, they don't let anyone do the housing now. So they have made a decision, but which one?
Paid the seat deposit at DU

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2008, 11:25:07 PM »
I am staying positive and hoping for an acceptance.  I was waitlisted last year but gained admittance if I were to complete CLEO.  I had some personal and family issues that would not allow me to complete the program.  I have visited twice and attended the law brunch.  CLEO is being held at D.U this summer.  All I can do is wait...and pray.  The complete/ready for review was removed today....

familyman

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2008, 02:45:34 PM »
I'm glad to see they are making decisions this week! Yes, I spoke with DU admissions recently and they told me that when it no longer says ready for review, a decision has been made. I really hope they make a decision soon on me too!

Matthies - I am also considering the DU MBA program. What is your opinion of the MBA program there, and have you seen positive feedback from duel degree students etc. who are doing the JD/MBA, or just the MBA?

Also, I might as well ask you where the best places to rent a house would be within commuting/light rail distance to DU. I have been to the area three times, but not extensively. I have a family and need a house to rent. Thinking Highlands Ranch right now...

LittleMissMeeba

• View Profile
    • Email
CU/DU/ONU
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2008, 02:47:36 PM »
Hello all! Some of your names are familiar from the LSN board... I do a bit of stalking on there  ;)

I'm working on making the decision between DU/CU/and Ohio Northern University in Ada, Ohio... Where I'm currently an UG.

CU hasn't accepted me and it's not horribly likely. I'm crossing my fingers for a waitlist. DU has offered 15k a year. ONU has offered a full ride.

I know that tiers don't matter much, but ONU is a t4. I've also lived here for the past three years and dealt with small town/bad weather/college party scene. With a JD from ONU, however, i'd be graduating with minimal debt. If I go to DU, I'll be graduating with approx 105k in debt (with cost of living factored in). Having that much in loans scares me, especially if I make the average 50k upon graduating. And there's always the fear of losing my scholly...

Denver pros: My partner just got a pharmacy job offer in Denver (100k/year, but he has 175k loan debt), I want to live in Denver, and I really loved DU.

Is it foolish to turn down a full ride, though? Is living even managable with over 100k in loans?? This is so overwhelming and disenchanting. I'd almost tempted to get a secretary job, since that's pretty much all I can do with an UG degree in Poli Sci and German.

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
Does anyone know if schools send out waitlists notices in waves??I went to decision yesterday and I noticed on LSN that there were tons of waitlists given out yesterday.  I'm hoping for an acceptance but a waitlist notification would be better than a denial......They may waitlist me pending on my completion of CLEO, as they did last year.....