Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Denver  (Read 21440 times)

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
Re: University of Denver
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 08:06:49 PM »
On another note, I got an email today which invited me to the admitted students day. I RSVPed and said I was going.

Is anyone else?
Paid the seat deposit at DU

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 01:41:47 AM »
you should really just look at the previous thread that is the first post on this thread. There is one called MyWeb on there. All these questions were answered.

I called when my status changed also. They said a decision had been made and that they don't give decisions by email. I got an email the next day saying I had been admitted, then two days later I go the snail mail. They day after I got the email I called and asked about scholarships and the lady said that my name was in the pile that was being reviewed but a decision hadn't been made. The next day (with my general acceptance letter) I got a letter marked two days before offering me a 15K per year scholarship.

So the moral of the story is that although the University of Denver's office of admissions people are very nice they don't seem to have all their information streamlined. I got a different answer from each person I called.

I don't think they tell you over the phone because it sets a precedent.  Also, it would suck to be the receptionist having to tell someone they got rejected.  I think they are just playing safe.
3L @ University of Denver

bufflover

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 02:28:31 AM »
I RSVPed...

Boulder is really really beautiful... you'll just fall in love with the place as you approach it...the view is amazing. Facilities and architecture are also pretty nice... Check out the Hill/Pearl Street if you have the time.

I wish they'd accept me... I'm doing free publicity for them anyway ;)

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 10:32:58 AM »
I am going to the Open House on the 28th. Looking forward to meeting some of you!
University of Denver 1L!
_____________________________ ________________
"Non tutta la frutta fa maturare"

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »
Too bad Colorado and Denver couldn't coordinate as a nice gesture to students. That would be convenient.

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 02:02:32 PM »
Too bad Colorado and Denver couldn't coordinate as a nice gesture to students. That would be convenient.

They actually do alot of that for current studnts, joint networking/info programs, some happy hours and such

That is nice they do it for current students. It would make sense to do it for people who are traveling from out of state also.

you should really just look at the previous thread that is the first post on this thread. There is one called MyWeb on there. All these questions were answered.

I called when my status changed also. They said a decision had been made and that they don't give decisions by email. I got an email the next day saying I had been admitted, then two days later I go the snail mail. They day after I got the email I called and asked about scholarships and the lady said that my name was in the pile that was being reviewed but a decision hadn't been made. The next day (with my general acceptance letter) I got a letter marked two days before offering me a 15K per year scholarship.

So the moral of the story is that although the University of Denver's office of admissions people are very nice they don't seem to have all their information streamlined. I got a different answer from each person I called.

I don't think they tell you over the phone because it sets a precedent.  Also, it would suck to be the receptionist having to tell someone they got rejected.  I think they are just playing safe.

Yeah, that was my guess too. I thought either the different offices don't talk much or it was the fact that they don't want to open the floodgates. I thought they were probably just giving a standard response to avoid opening pandora's acceptance box. All of the actual admissions people have been very helpful, the front desk has given me information that was just wrong, it seemed. Both have been quite nice though. I am yet to meet an unpleasant DU person, in person or on the phone.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 02:17:38 PM »

They actually do alot of that for current studnts, joint networking/info programs, some happy hours and such

That is nice they do it for current students. It would make sense to do it for people who are traveling from out of state also.

I am yet to meet an unpleasant DU person, in person or on the phone.

I'll be sure to call you bad names when I see you in the hall at ASD, just so you can have the full well-rounded DU experince.  ;D

since i'm not there yet, throw some in for me
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 03:57:03 PM »

I'll be sure to call you bad names when I see you in the hall at ASD, just so you can have the full well-rounded DU experince.  ;D

& I will join Matthies. . .looking down at the forum from the 2nd floor railings making fun of the 0Ls (especially the gunners who are attached at the hip w/professors).  :P
3L @ University of Denver

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 04:35:06 PM »

& I will join Matthies. . .looking down at the forum from the 2nd floor railings making fun of the 0Ls (especially the gunners who are attached at the hip w/professors).  :P

I always thought it should be like high school, first week of clases for the new 1L's we get to knock the books out of thier hands and give them weggies. Come to think of it, other than that part, law school is alot like high middle school.

fixt
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 04:02:25 AM »
To be honest, I am excited to hear back from the University of Colorado so then I can post my real stuff. I can fill out my LSN account with all the stuff that would be of interest, and that was on my application. And I could post a link to my blog, which I love having by the way.

Anyway, I really am anxious to hear back from Colorado. And my wife and I are extremely excited to come out for the weekend for ASW! A weekend without changing diapers!  :)