Law School Discussion

« on: February 27, 2008, 02:01:40 PM »

Re: Critique
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 02:08:23 PM »
I dont see any real clear purpose in the ps, it reads like a Barack speech lots of flowers but nothing behind it, I think ad comms probably get tired of people writing ps about helping impoverished people, they might even like it better if someone wrote an honest ps like i want to make a lot of money and i can not doing anything else with my political science/liberal arts degree...

ps.. my ps probably sucked too, but i was too afraid too let more than one person read it, so you at least have more balls than me

Re: Critique
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 02:09:51 PM »
I don't think it is a good idea to post your personal statement online when your still in review.

I think your personal statement is too fluffy and vague (ex: "I await future challenges with open arms"). It is eloquently written and will show them you have writing abilities, but it does little justice in setting you apart from others. "Through personal loss and fulfillment, I have gained indestructible strength." What person loss, exactly? and really, indestructible? You should maybe concentrate on concrete details--like volunteering during a national disaster--next time. Expand on that, or other specific events in your life. It will make them remember you.