Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Minnesota 2011 -- The real U of M...  (Read 34257 times)

no634

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • No 634
Re: University of Minnesota 2011 -- The real U of M...
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »
Yay for getting orientation info!

UMKb

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2008, 11:19:02 AM »

I still haven't gotten mine -- maybe it'll come today. Does it tell you what section you're in?

no634

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • No 634
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »

I still haven't gotten mine -- maybe it'll come today. Does it tell you what section you're in?

Oh nono... I just got an email saying that the orientation info has been sent and another that said "Hey you can see your scholarship info on MyU or Onestop!"

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2008, 02:39:00 AM »

another that said "Hey you can see your scholarship info on MyU or Onestop!"

I got that one too, but apparently there actually is no information there for me to discover yet. Go figure.

drleather2001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2008, 06:50:59 PM »
Ok...

If anyone can help a brother out finding an apartment for me and my wife.  Moving around Aug. 18th or so, want to live in Uptown or Northeast (or near the west bank campus, if need be).

If anyone has come across apartments that they've liked, but weren't quite right or whatnot, I'd appreciate some leads.  Been checking Craigslist and other resources, but it's slow going and I won't get a chance to visit before signing the lease.

Thanks!
"If Mars had life on it // I might find my wife on it!"
-Brian Wilson

no634

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • No 634
« Reply #215 on: July 21, 2008, 02:13:46 AM »
Ok...

If anyone can help a brother out finding an apartment for me and my wife.  Moving around Aug. 18th or so, want to live in Uptown or Northeast (or near the west bank campus, if need be).

If anyone has come across apartments that they've liked, but weren't quite right or whatnot, I'd appreciate some leads.  Been checking Craigslist and other resources, but it's slow going and I won't get a chance to visit before signing the lease.

Thanks!

I found rent.com extremely helpful. Rent.com has pictures and contact info for properties...and they'll give you a $100 gift card if you do sign a lease for a place you find on the site.

Just beware that rent.com will STALK you after a while - calling and everything - to see if you signed somewhere (I think they charge the properties if sign with them.)

UMKb

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2008, 10:06:07 AM »
So is anyone else planning to sign up for one of the Pre-Orientation projects with MJF?

drleather2001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2008, 01:55:09 PM »
Anyone know what the Logan Park area of Northeast Minn.  is like?  I might have a lead there. 
-Brian Wilson

Amira

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2008, 05:50:24 PM »
So is anyone else planning to sign up for one of the Pre-Orientation projects with MJF?

I signed up today. When they asked me to rank choices for projects, I put down some week 1 projects and some week 2 projects. I am not sure if they'll assign me projects for both weeks or not. I thought the projects from Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services and the Indian Child Law Welfare Center sounded the most interesting and law-related. The email made it sound like there would be a mad rush to sign up though, so I'm not sure what I'll end up with.

drleather2001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2008, 01:03:34 PM »
What are these projects you guys are referring to?  I haven't received any information on anything like it.
-Brian Wilson