Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC Admitted Student Weekend  (Read 6187 times)

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
Re: BC Admitted Student Weekend
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2008, 12:03:25 AM »
$70 bucks sounds like a steal. If I go there for the ASW I'll probably try and stay with a friend again. The plane tickets are going to be expensive enough.

So back to the beer discussion... just kidding. Unless, you know, someone else wants to. Maybe we can multi-task.

Yeah, I was considering staying with a friend of mine at Harvard, but I didn't feel like sleeping on the floor, lol. 

Speaking of Harvard, BeerAdvocate and NotForTourists both recommend a little joint called John Harvard's in Harvard Square.  They brew their own, and apparently it's amazing.   Here's the list of what they brew:  http://www.johnharvards.com/brews.htm   

Looks delicious.
I Choo-Choo-Choose you:  Boston College Law School, Class of 2011

ApesAMB

• AOL Instant Messenger - ApesAMB
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2008, 05:45:56 PM »
Hey everyone!  I'm really disappointed that I can't make it to ASW, but I did visit BC and BU last weekend.  I absolutely loved BC, and I think there is a really good chance I'll be going there, or at least somewhere in Boston.  The law school pretty much has an entire law campus, compared to BU's ugly building (with a beautiful view).  The library was awesome as was the area of town it's in.  My only complaint was how long it took to get there on the T.  I am definitely bringing a car if I go here!
Boston College Class of 2011!

TiffanyTallulah

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2008, 03:50:02 AM »
Hi kids
will be attending the BC ASD. probably going to stay in the hostel though.
Any boston kids want to help me with directions? I'll be taking public transport. PM me if you want to hostel address. thanks :)

I will also be staying at a hostel. How long is everyone staying anyway? I'm coming in Thursday evening and probably heading out Saturday.

rolls

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2008, 11:42:46 AM »
Hi kids
Any boston kids want to help me with directions? I'll be taking public transport. PM me if you want to hostel address. thanks :)

I will also be staying at a hostel. How long is everyone staying anyway? I'm coming in Thursday evening and probably heading out Saturday.

I'll be there from Thurs to Sunday morning... More time in boston= good. Where are these hostels I'm hearing about? Flights to Boston are so expensive (from Detroit??) that a hostel is sounding pretty, pretty good right now.
Penn Law Class of 2011

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 06:26:25 PM »
Hostels...shoulda thought of that.  Oh well.  I'm staying from Thursday early afternoon to Saturday at about 4

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »
Hey BC people -- I could've started a new thread for this but I decided this was easier and I wanna keep this one running for a while.  I have a reception for admitted students on Wednesday here in Chicago.  It's downtown at a law firm in the loop.  I was wondering what to wear?  My first instinct is "suit" because it's at a law firm and it seems like a formal event.  But then again, business casual doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

Advice?  I think I'll just wear a suit and take off the tie if everyone else is b-casual.

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2008, 01:11:21 PM »
Hey BC people -- I could've started a new thread for this but I decided this was easier and I wanna keep this one running for a while.  I have a reception for admitted students on Wednesday here in Chicago.  It's downtown at a law firm in the loop.  I was wondering what to wear?  My first instinct is "suit" because it's at a law firm and it seems like a formal event.  But then again, business casual doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

Advice?  I think I'll just wear a suit and take off the tie if everyone else is b-casual.

I'm not sure if you're talking about a BC admitted students thing, but I went to the one in DC a couple of weeks ago.  I went straight from work in what I had worn to work at my firm, where the dress code is b-casual but I tend to push it a bit (also, for girls it's a little different?). . . Anyway, at the reception I felt pretty underdressed at first, because a lot of people were wearing suits.  But then I realized that a) most of the people wearing suits were actually alums rather than admits, and were working for the gov't (so of course they were in suits), and b) the admits wearing suits were noobs  ;)

Also, they had a raffle where to enter you needed to submit your business card, and I was seriously the only admit I saw who didn't have a business card.  It was a little weird.

Business cards?  Geez.  Maybe I'll just cut up an index card and write my name on it in crayon.  Business casual it is then.

TiffanyTallulah

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2008, 10:40:54 PM »
Hi kids

I'll be there from Thurs to Sunday morning... More time in boston= good. Where are these hostels I'm hearing about? Flights to Boston are so expensive (from Detroit??) that a hostel is sounding pretty, pretty good right now.

Yea seriously flights are expensive. I wouldn't mind staying until Sunday, but believe it or not, the hostel is completely booked on Saturday (I booked it about a week ago). There is only one hostel in Boston. I never understand why law schools don't ask students to volunteer up their place so that admitted students can just crash at their place. Honestly $150+ a night for a bed is too pricey.

rolls

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2008, 10:48:54 PM »
Hi kids

Yea seriously flights are expensive. I wouldn't mind staying until Sunday, but believe it or not, the hostel is completely booked on Saturday (I booked it about a week ago). There is only one hostel in Boston. I never understand why law schools don't ask students to volunteer up their place so that admitted students can just crash at their place. Honestly $150+ a night for a bed is too pricey.

Right on!!
Penn Law Class of 2011

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2008, 09:36:24 PM »
I really wish I could go, but it's sort of far from me and a bit out of my budget... but keep me posted about what goes on up there!
To whom much is given, much is expected.