Law School Discussion

BC Admitted Student Weekend

Re: BC Admitted Student Weekend
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 04:01:21 PM »
I just got the BC Law accepted students update e-mail. They mention an online info session coming up in a few weeks but they don't say where it's at. Am I missing something?

k3

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 04:35:46 PM »
ahhh j tree is sooo magical. i have some really great recent memories of doing some strange impromptu dance to flo rida there.

i forget who asked but yes if you were staying at the Best Western on Comm ave it would take you about 15 minutes by train to get to BU Law; the B branch of the green line starts at BC and goes through BU.  You would want the BU Central stop, I believe

Yes, and where will the unofficial partying occur?

Yea, lets get on that!

We need to find some Boston people to give suggestions about bars, stat.

Sunset Grill, White Horse Tavern and Joshua Tree are a few decent bars in Allston/ Brighton.  Sunset is my favorite bar in the world.

--

Also, I guess this is as good a place as any to post a story about BC, and I dont know if this will show up on the BC main page, but I thought this story was pretty cool:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13286926/
http://www.law.stanford.edu/news/pr/23/Shloss%20v.%20The%20Estate%20of%20James%20Joyce/

The supervising attorney for this case, which as recently settled, is one of the professors we recently brought in to bolster our IP faculty.  Seems like it was a good hire.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 08:23:15 PM »
ahhh j tree is sooo magical. i have some really great recent memories of doing some strange impromptu dance to flo rida there.

its the last  place i remember being on the night after our 1st semester finals ended ... good times

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »
I thought I posted this before but I guess it disappeared somehow? FYI: Here's the link to the BC accepted student fbook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10440775517

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 12:35:59 AM »
Has anyone found good deals on hotels that have easy access to the T?  I'm about to book Best Western on Comm Ave @ BC rate of $127 per night unless anyone's come across something better?

nukelaw

• Get your eagle on
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 10:36:25 AM »
Regarding the drinking/alcohol situation, at the end of the day the school hosts a happy hour on-campus in the "yellow room." Prospective students mingle with any of the current students (including 1Ls) that happen to show up. It was pretty packed last year and they had good booze to boot (Guinness, Blue Moon, etc. for beer, name brand hard stuff for mixed drinks).

I also second Bamf's suggestion for Sunset Grille. Order a Delirium Tremens or La Fin Du Monde.

UnoriginalAndrew

• I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 04:13:35 PM »
Regarding the drinking/alcohol situation, at the end of the day the school hosts a happy hour on-campus in the "yellow room." Prospective students mingle with any of the current students (including 1Ls) that happen to show up. It was pretty packed last year and they had good booze to boot (Guinness, Blue Moon, etc. for beer, name brand hard stuff for mixed drinks).

I also second Bamf's suggestion for Sunset Grille. Order a Delirium Tremens or La Fin Du Monde.

Both of those beers are truly excellent, and La Fin du Monde is definitely at the top of my favorites list. 

But I feel like since we're in Boston, we'll all have to drink some Guinness together.

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 07:23:12 AM »
Did everyone get that Dean's welcome letter in the mail? I can't believe he welcomed us to the Class of 2010, haha.

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 10:48:54 AM »
Maybe we're on an advanced track? I've always heard the third year is pretty worthless anyways.

To anyone who has visited the school or goes to the school - Is the law building very nice? I know the facilities are supposed to be a lot nicer than BU, but that doesn't necessarily sound like a hard thing to do. I recently visited another school that I was very interested in but I never really felt like the building was all that comfortable. I guess that's sort of becoming important to me.

Oh, and I have to post about beer while people are on the topic. Tremens is very good, but it's definitely one of those beers that you notice a huge difference between the tap and the bottle.

UnoriginalAndrew

• I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 06:15:24 PM »
Maybe we're on an advanced track? I've always heard the third year is pretty worthless anyways.

To anyone who has visited the school or goes to the school - Is the law building very nice? I know the facilities are supposed to be a lot nicer than BU, but that doesn't necessarily sound like a hard thing to do. I recently visited another school that I was very interested in but I never really felt like the building was all that comfortable. I guess that's sort of becoming important to me.

Oh, and I have to post about beer while people are on the topic. Tremens is very good, but it's definitely one of those beers that you notice a huge difference between the tap and the bottle.

TITCR.  Somewhere in Boston, an Adcomm is looking over the discussion of his/her Law School, and noticing how quickly it devolves into a discussion about beer.  I'm glad to be part of the devolution...and at least it's good beer  :D