Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wake Vs. Georgia  (Read 765 times)

yebow

• View Profile
Wake Vs. Georgia
« on: February 27, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »
Another where should I go thread. I have a full ride from Wake but I am an instate resident at UGA plus an additional 5 grand a year. I love both schools and would not mind living in either state. Since this sight seems to be so t-14 oriented I have not been able to find a lot of info on either school. So my question is how should I go about making the choice between these two schools? Should I let the money play a major role, even though UGA would only cost about 20,000 grand or so?

I would love to hear some opinions about these two schools and or ways to ultimately decide.

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Wake Vs. Georgia
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 12:07:44 PM »
uga but i am biased as being a huge uga fan, also you could never lose in state at georgia, and i am assuming you could lose at least part of scholly at wake, and uga is ranked higher

whartonn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:35:23 PM »
uga

General2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 01:40:02 PM »
Have you visited both? Which one did you like better? Go with that because all other things are pretty equal. I'd vote UGA because I find in general UGA is a happier place than Wake, and Athens is a happier place than Winston-Salem.
W&L Class of 2010

KidA23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 02:28:28 PM »
For whatever it's worth, I went to Wake for undergrad and also have been extended a full scholarship to its LS. If you have any specific questions about the area, school, student body, etc. I'd be happy to do my best, though I can't really tell you much about the law school beyond what you see in the rankings (though I do believe WF does better than its ranking would suggest in V100 placement from what I recall reading on Leiter or one of other other blogs)...

felicitybc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
Wake Forest. Great school with nice people. Congrats on a full ride. That's big time.

keller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 03:42:42 PM »
I've also been offered the full ride at Wake and am going Monday to the Open House to check it out. I'm graduating from UNC and the I've gotten all kinds reactions from people when I tell them about the offer, ranging from "So, you're going there, right?" to "But then you'd have to go Wake." Overall, I think it places really well in NC and probably decently in the South. Also, for what it's worth, Raleigh's paper ran an article today about NC's lawyer shortage, which if such a thing exists, might bode well for job prospects:

http://www.newsobserver.com/print/wednesday/city_state/story/968327.html

Anyone have thoughts on Wake/UNC/Emory/W&L if I want to practice in the South?

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 03:48:59 PM »
Congrats you guys!

How long from the time of your acceptance did you receive scholarship offers? or was it simultaneous?
(Just Adding Another Notch)

whartonn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 04:09:22 PM »
Have you visited both? Which one did you like better? Go with that because all other things are pretty equal. I'd vote UGA because I find in general UGA is a happier place than Wake, and Athens is a happier place than Winston-Salem.

It doesn't get much happier than Athens  ;D