Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Part-Time Programs - Thoughts?  (Read 459 times)

ace0260

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Part-Time Programs - Thoughts?
« on: February 27, 2008, 12:49:12 AM »
Im looking to attend a part-time program - lately its occurred to me that I dont want to spend another round of schooling without work but I have a feeling that this mentality may be changed by the rigorous atmosphere. What are people's thoughts on these programs? How smooth is the transfer process should one decide to transfer? I hear it is simple at Fordham, but rough at GW. How about GULC? Any info or personal experiences would be appreciated.

RoughRider

• View Profile
Re: Part-Time Programs - Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 12:19:48 PM »
I too am considering a PT program (I'm in at George Mason PT).  While applying to schools, I did not want to do PT, but as reality is setting in, I think it might be best for me and my family in order to cut down on loans.

Regarding transferring to FT, I don't have any first-hand knowledge of the process at the schools you listed, but I was told by the admissions officer from Mason who called with my acceptance news that transferring to FT there is fairly easy.  Also, I think there is someone on this board that had no trouble transferring from PT to FT at George Washington.  That's only one instance though.  Good luck.

ace0260

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 03:58:56 AM »
If I decide to transfer after my first semester, what becomes of my 1L summer?

Clara Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 11:16:15 AM »
I'm a PT student right now, but I'm not transferring to FT, so I don't have first hand knowledge.  The 2 and 3Ls I've talked to, though, say it's really easy at my school.  However, if you transfer and you want to graduate in 3 years, you do have to take classes during your 1L summer (maybe your 2L one, also).