Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: testing centers for June are full  (Read 1034 times)

novice

• View Profile
testing centers for June are full
« on: February 26, 2008, 10:06:11 PM »

all the nearest testing centers are already full and consequently unavailable. What should I do? If I show up in a testing center for which I was not registered, would I be able to take a test? Otherwise, I have to drive five hours to get to the next nearest available testing center.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: testing centers for June are full
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 10:37:02 PM »
There should be more open up as the test date approaches.

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:39:29 PM »
They are doing something.  Not opening enough spots until later. No way every spot could be fill before March  when most of the LSAT students register just before courses in April.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 12:51:37 AM »
This is normal.  Read Jeffort's post history if you want something from someone who actually knows what they are talking about and explains how the system works.

Davis1L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 07:19:51 AM »
Even if they're full, they'll definitely open more sites to accommodate all the test-takers.

I use the word accommodate loosely, however. You will definitely get a site and be assigned to it, but the location may not be the most convenient depending on your locale. I had to spend the night in a motel.

rolen27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 11:27:11 PM »
I signed up for the lsat, but it says my ticket isnt available to print. what does that mean?

Hammerstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 02:28:44 PM »
I signed up for the lsat, but it says my ticket isnt available to print. what does that mean?

Doubt it means anything important. 

Just means that your seating ticket isn't ready yet.  But, be sure to print a copy off and READ it as soon as it's available and print another copy off 24 hours before the exam and read that one, too.

The reason why you should read your ticket is twofold.  First of all, something might be wrong on it.  Secondly, the ticket is 4 pages long and has all LSAT rules on it.  Make sure you follow them to a letter, because not all testing centers are created equal.  While some let you get away with violations (e.g., digital watches and timers), others will do what the ticket says will happen -- you get ejected and reported to LSAC.
CLS 2011.  All done.