Law School Discussion

BC...money..it's what I want.... doo doo doo

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: BC...money..it's what I want.... doo doo doo
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 05:02:35 PM »
Wait until you get your aid offer.  I dont think they have come out yet.  Last year I didn't get mine until some time in March.  After that I think you should feel free to politely inform BC of your other offers and your desire to attend, but need for some form of assistance.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 05:04:45 PM »
if you're serious about public interest law, BC has public service scholarships.  deadline's passed, but you can see if ou can still apply. 
http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/admission/finaid/scholloans.html#publicservicescholarship

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 05:06:06 PM »
BC is a much better school. If you think otherwise, you're delusional.

I consider Emory and BC peer schools for the most part.  I would never say that Emory was far superior to Tulane.  Tulane is a great school that places very well.  You are delusional to think that BC commands much more respect in the legal world than Tulane.

I hope you do not attend Boston College and you are not representative of their student body.  Boston College and Emory may be better schools than Tulane, but not by much.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 05:10:45 PM »

I consider Emory and BC peer schools for the most part.  I would never say that Emory was far superior to Tulane.  Tulane is a great school that places very well.  You are delusional to think that BC commands much more respect in the legal world than Tulane.

I think you are both unable to speak to the perception of any of these schools in "the legal world" (which world is that exactly?) so lets just quiet down.

k3

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 05:15:59 PM »
if you're serious about public interest law, BC has public service scholarships.  deadline's passed, but you can see if ou can still apply. 
http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/admission/finaid/scholloans.html#publicservicescholarship

i actually called the fin aid office and was like...PLEASE LET ME APPLY. sadly, they said no, but it was my own stupidity that led me to miss the deadline.

bamf - thanks for the advice. i think i will do as such. would it be worth it to mention my future public interest plans as part of my concerns, or will they think i'm full of old shoes?

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 05:22:17 PM »

i actually called the fin aid office and was like...PLEASE LET ME APPLY. sadly, they said no, but it was my own stupidity that led me to miss the deadline.

bamf - thanks for the advice. i think i will do as such. would it be worth it to mention my future public interest plans as part of my concerns, or will they think i'm full of old shoes?

I think it would just fine to mention that

--

I hope you do not attend Boston College and you are not representative of their student body.  Boston College and Emory may be better schools than Tulane, but not by much.

http://www.abovethelaw.com/2007/11/whats_going_on_at_emory_law_sc.php

Yikes.

I don't go to BC nor will I in the fall, I have just yet to see anything to places BC and Tulane in the same category.

pleasedontstartafightpleasedo ntstartafight ... completely unnecessary

(and as I think it was pointed out somewhere on there, the departure of the person in that position was probably at a good time ... late September, if I remember correctly ... after firm OCI, before 1Ls can talk to CSOgov/ PI OCI is largely already set up ... probably the best time, save between semesters, that someone could leave that position)

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 05:40:36 PM »

http://www.abovethelaw.com/2007/11/whats_going_on_at_emory_law_sc.php

Yikes.

I don't go to BC nor will I in the fall, I have just yet to see anything to places BC and Tulane in the same category.

No one is putting them in the same category, but even given the links you posted, BC isn't "far better" than Tulane.  Perpetuating these ridiculous 0L ideas is a disservice to the prelaw students on this message board.  If the OP wanted to live in the South, it would probably be a mistake to attend BC over a huge scholarship at Tulane.

Oh and our career services office is great, thanks for asking.

bamf: say what you want about my knowledge of the legal market.  Do you disagree what I am saying?

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 06:24:33 AM »

I first received the e-mail from BC law about this scholarship literally hours before the application was due. Needless to say I didn't even have time to apply.

k3

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2008, 07:38:24 PM »
for all my future bc people, i just shot off a polite email asking them to keep me in mind for financial assistance in the form of scholarship or financial aid grants, but emphasizing how thrilled i was to be offered admission and that i understand that the money process could take several weeks or months. i'll let you know how it goes!

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 03:16:09 PM »

bamf: say what you want about my knowledge of the legal market.  Do you disagree what I am saying?

yes.  yes i do.