Law School Discussion

-

Re: How portable is a degree from GW? Does it fare well in Boston?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 09:24:05 PM »
You mean down to D.C. to see my husband.  Actually my concern isn't so much for me as it is for my husband, who will be back in D.C. completely alone!  We have no friends down there and I'd be leaving him...

whoops, i think i meant, a few flights for him to come visit you and family up in Boston... and you could get a job in DC for your first summer. Surely after two years, unless your husband is completely antisocial, somebody will be around for him to hang with during your 2L summer.

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 02:54:54 PM »
FYI all... I got waitlisted at BC and that just won't do, so I'm taking my name off the WL.

Sorry Cosmo. They're absolute unpredictable nut-jobs up there,

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »
FYI all... I got waitlisted at BC and that just won't do, so I'm taking my name off the WL.

Thanks, way to insult everyone who they accepted. 

My apologies, it's a great school, but they are notoriuosly unpredictable.

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »

It's okay people say things like that in anger.  My husband said "How dare they?!  Who do they think they are?!" and continued to berate them and wish upon their football team 100 years of bad luck lol. 

lulz, I wished ill upon Colt Brennan's legs when UT dinged me. Your husband sounds like a good man.

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 03:42:34 PM »

It's okay people say things like that in anger.  My husband said "How dare they?!  Who do they think they are?!" and continued to berate them and wish upon their football team 100 years of bad luck lol. 

lulz, I wished ill upon Colt Brennan's legs when UT dinged me. Your husband sounds like a good man.

This just shows the sports knowledge of a law school student.

Colt Brennan played for Hawaii dippy. :) Colt McCoy plays for Texas

Cosmo - Sorry about BC, I'm sure your husband will be able to make friends down in DC and will be able to manage for 10 weeks.

Have fun down at GW, I'm still waiting to hear back from anyone. I just went complete at 4 of 9. haha, LSAT Feb Scores. Hopefully, the weeks will go quick and painless.

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 05:44:14 PM »

Cosmo - Sorry about BC, I'm sure your husband will be able to make friends down in DC and will be able to manage for 10 weeks.

Have fun down at GW, I'm still waiting to hear back from anyone. I just went complete at 4 of 9. haha, LSAT Feb Scores. Hopefully, the weeks will go quick and painless.

Wow, I'm legitimately devastated I did this, so devastated that I pulled up the the thread where I wrote it to see if I screwed up then: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,98299.msg2494774.html#msg2494774

Not quoted so I throw myself at the mercy of the court of lsd.

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 05:22:17 PM »

I withdrew at NESL and Suffolk today so hopefully they give you my spot :)

That would be great!!! :) I'll thank ya!