Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at Qunnipiac!  (Read 884 times)

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
Accepted at Qunnipiac!
« on: February 26, 2008, 03:25:58 PM »
I was just accepted at Quinnipiac recently, and it's my first letter of any kind.  I'm glad it's an acceptance!  :D
Whew...

Does anyone know much about the school?  I'm asking students/alumni or people who work in CT in particular.
I'm actually from the area originally, though I don't live there anymore.  I think there's a fair chance I may go there vs some of the middle-ranked schools I applied to because of its location, but probably not if I get into one of my super-reaches.

So yeah, any thoughts on the school?  It's students, profs, job prospects, etc?

Thanks!

donwario

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted at Qunnipiac!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:49:24 PM »
I was just accepted at Quinnipiac recently, and it's my first letter of any kind.  I'm glad it's an acceptance!  :D
Whew...

Does anyone know much about the school?  I'm asking students/alumni or people who work in CT in particular.
I'm actually from the area originally, though I don't live there anymore.  I think there's a fair chance I may go there vs some of the middle-ranked schools I applied to because of its location, but probably not if I get into one of my super-reaches.

So yeah, any thoughts on the school?  It's students, profs, job prospects, etc?

Thanks!

Congrats!

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »
Thanks bro!

So Nobody knows about Quinnipiac?  There must be come CT ppl around here...

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 09:22:04 AM »
Thanks bro!

So Nobody knows about Quinnipiac?  There must be come CT ppl around here...

McSpeedzie, I visited Quinnipiac a few months ago, in October.

My thoughts:  The school is beautiful, as is the area around it.  It's right across the street from a state park, and in the fall it is breathtaking.  The building seems very new and is right next to a lake.  In that sense, I got a very good vibe.  It was absolutely lovely.  The people in financial aid were extremely helpful, particularly with my questions about Study Abroad programs.  In fact, everyone on staff that I met was friendly.  The town did not look like it was chock full of things to do, but it is close to New Haven and very easy access to both NYC and Hartford.  It was about an hour and a half from NYC for me.

Downsides (for me):  They do not provide on campus apartments, which is theoretically fine but the area is not big on public transportation.  Which means that you need to have a car.  I am from NYC and don't have a car, and this is an expense I can not take on right now.  I was also a little turned off by the fact that they had a whole section in the library set aside for people who don't want any noise, INCLUDING the sound of typing on a laptop.  I mean, I just found that over the top and made me think the people might be kind of uptight.  I can understand a no talking/group study section.  But typing on a laptop?  It made feel like turning pages in a book might be next.  Maybe this is common, it's just not something I encountered in undergrad.

I'm not an expert on the school, but I'd be happy to answer any questions about my visit!