Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVA what are you doing???  (Read 2930 times)

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UVA what are you doing???
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 03:35:58 PM »
Let's withraw. Collectively. Every other school in the country seems to be able to manage notification before march.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »
More than likely not, but it's one of those situations where I need to know, if only for my own sanity.

Fair enough.

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but if you've been waiting this long, they are probably going to waitlist you which they traditionally starting doing at the end of February/beginning of March.
Michigan 2L

ohthehugemanatee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 03:48:47 PM »
More than likely not, but it's one of those situations where I need to know, if only for my own sanity.

Fair enough.

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but if you've been waiting this long, they are probably going to waitlist you which they traditionally starting doing at the end of February/beginning of March.

You must be a hit at parties.

Petite Avocate

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »
It's been 20 weeks since you requested my LSDAS report....pleeeeeeease tell me anything!

My report was requested on September 10th. That was 24, almost 25, weeks ago. Do you think it would be imprudent to call and see what's up?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=LaPetiteAvocat
Yes, I know I've assigned myself the wrong gender on LSN. I apologize for offending the Francophones, but I'm not creating a whole new account to correct the error. Please stop leaving me messages.

gladiator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Politics Blog
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 03:52:28 PM »
Let's withraw. Collectively. Every other school in the country seems to be able to manage notification before march.

NYU and UCLA? Not to mention a lot of schools with copouts because they've just sent pre-emptive deferrals and waitlists to everyone they didn't feel like deciding on yet. I agree UVA has been too slow but they're unfortunately one of many.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 03:57:37 PM »
Michigan 2L

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 04:14:45 PM »
It's been 20 weeks since you requested my LSDAS report....pleeeeeeease tell me anything!

You would go to UVa over Penn?  Why?
Why not? They are in the same tier, with similar average recent ranks, similar quality of student body and similar peer and lawyer evaluation. Money or location or fit could easily be a deciding factor.

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »
Nearly 5 months for Penn for me, that's a rather significant 3% of my remembered life, since I don't remember much before age 5 :)

ac34

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 04:28:21 PM »
Still no official word from Virginia, but I just got an e-mail from UVA about an accepted students barbeque. I then checked the status page, and I've gone to decision since I last checked a few hours ago. Is it safe to assume that I'm in?
Michigan 2011

dpwc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 04:32:14 PM »
I think so, but I've heard of stranger things happening. I'm tentatively congratulating you.