Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances......help please  (Read 695 times)

LawSchoolorBust08

• View Profile
Chances......help please
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:28:02 AM »
145/3.77 URM, Graduated in 2004, great work experience, excellent LORs and PS.  I'm interested in studying International Law/Public policy.  What are my chances of getting into the following schools?  And which are best for my areas of interest.  Any suggestions or honest feedback is welcome.

Georgia State
Northwestern
Illinois
Rutgers Newark
Arizona State
University of Chicago
Hawaii
FIU

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chances......help please
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 12:47:02 PM »
145?  Unless that's a typo you have almost no shot at any of those schools, definitely no shot at NU, ASU, UC, or Hawaii.  Take the LSAT again and again and again.  Is that a typo? 

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 12:41:05 AM »
I think you might end up "bust." A play on your user name.

thejacker112

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 01:26:02 AM »
you'll most likely get into FIU.  everything else is prolly a no :(
but your gpa is great so if you retke the lsat you'll be fine!

whartonn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 09:21:54 AM »
145/3.77 URM, Graduated in 2004, great work experience, excellent LORs and PS.  I'm interested in studying International Law/Public policy.  What are my chances of getting into the following schools?  And which are best for my areas of interest.  Any suggestions or honest feedback is welcome.

Georgia State
Northwestern
Illinois
Rutgers Newark
Arizona State
University of Chicago
Hawaii
FIU

Without piling on, your LSAT is 20 points below the 25th percentile at some of the schools you are applying to. I think Northwestern, UI, and UofC are totally unrealistic with your current score. Some of your other choices might work, although they are still long shots as well. My advice would be to either retake the LSAT or to apply to part-time programs at schools. Applying as a part-time allows the law school to increase their diversity by taking a URM while not having to report the numbers for their official US News Ranking. Maybe Loyola-Chi, Kent, or Depaul part-time? Even with the part-time application, you might want to consider retaking. Either way, I wish you good luck  ;D

studymaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 07:38:35 PM »
145?  Unless that's a typo you have almost no shot at any of those schools, definitely no shot at NU, ASU, UC, or Hawaii.  Take the LSAT again and again and again.  Is that a typo? 
TITCR
It is whispered that soon, if we all heed the call, the piper will lead us to reason.

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 01:54:41 PM »
I think we may have scared away the OP.  That wasn't my intention, but LSD is certainly going to be harsh to someone who applied to those schools with a 145 LSAT.  We didn't mean any offense, but 145 is a poor score (150 is "average").  Lots of law school hopefuls score much higher than that (at least low 150s) on their first diagnostic LSATs.  It's hard to believe that you scored with a 145 with any kind of preparation, and if you didn't take the LSAT seriously then law school might not be for you, again no offense.  And if you scored a 145 with serious studying then law school is DEFINITELY not for you.  Keep in mind most people study for the LSAT for months.

Perhaps this is a mock thread?