Law School Discussion

Georgetown extends deadline

Georgetown extends deadline
« on: February 25, 2008, 01:56:02 PM »
I just noticed this on Georgetown Admissions web site. Thoughts?

Due to the high volume of last minute applications, the full-time JD deadline has been extended until March 1, 2008.

Re: Georgetown extends deadline
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 03:16:13 PM »
I was wondering about that, too. I think it could also have to do with the change in LSAT score reporting. There are probably plenty of people who retook the test in February and got scores that are more in Georgetown's range than their previous scores.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 08:24:04 PM »
I wish I would have thought ahead about this - I would have re-taken the LSAT in Dec or Feb.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:17:50 PM »
I wish I would have thought ahead about this - I would have re-taken the LSAT in Dec or Feb.

I wouldn't dwell on it too much - your LSAT retake would likely have to be way high to have a good chance at top schools this late anyway.

Yak Herder

• University of Washington 2011
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 08:45:18 AM »
Yeah, Cornell is doing the same thing, but I guess on a selective basis. I got a fee-and-deadline waiver from them in the mail right about February 1.  "Dear Yak Herder:  We need more applications from people/yaks with high numbers. By the by, Ithaca rocks." or something like that.  I certainly took them up on it.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 10:12:05 AM »
What I thought was particularly interesting was that GULC extended its ED period this year.  I wonder what's happening down there.

pacific sands

• Come on. Rain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 12:44:31 PM »
We all took the LSAT. Logically speaking, does "We're extending our deadline because we're receiving too many applications" sound even a little reasonable to anybody?

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 12:48:43 PM »
Agree with pacific sands. The whole thing is fishy.

My guess is Gtown hopes for more apps in order to seem more selecitive when all is said and done

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 01:42:21 PM »
Do you think it's worth applying this late, given this recent development?  I'm 167/3.6, so borderline anyway, but I'd be curious.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 02:20:47 PM »
If this posts twice, my apologies.

Do you think it is worth applying this late, given the extension?  I'm 167/3.6 with very good softs if that info helps . . . :-)