Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Silence from NW  (Read 451 times)

ohthehugemanatee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Silence from NW
« on: February 25, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »
Has anyone that went complete in early/early-mid-january heard anything from Northwestern? 

m80

• View Profile
Re: Silence from NW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 02:42:19 PM »
No, but i'm not quite sure when i went complete. Submitted mid-dec (all materials), but interviewed mid-jan.

RandyJay419

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 02:47:16 PM »
Complete on 1/14 and no word yet...we're coming into week 7 of the "6 - 8 weeks for a decision" estimate, so I'm definitely in anticipation mode.

::gets out the Carly Simon CD::
Northwestern '11
------------------------------
"A lawyer's time and advice is his stock in trade." 
     -Abraham Lincoln

ohthehugemanatee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 03:11:08 PM »
No, but i'm not quite sure when i went complete. Submitted mid-dec (all materials), but interviewed mid-jan.

Did you go out there for the interview?  I went out there early Jan.  Sitting in the waiting room with me was a 31 year old professor with a PHD and a former D1 football player.  It was terrifying.

m80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 03:29:16 PM »

Did you go out there for the interview?  I went out there early Jan.  Sitting in the waiting room with me was a 31 year old professor with a PHD and a former D1 football player.  It was terrifying.

Yeah I did. I didn't talk with the others there for the interview (two others), but was secretly sizing up the competition (j/k). Just curious, how was your interview? I felt mine was very structured, and that made me feel a little uncomfortable. Anyway, I feel the more waiting I do, the less optimistic I get.

m80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 03:33:03 PM »

Sounds intimidating ... Yeah I went out there for the interview. I didn't talk with the others there for the interview (two others), but was secretly sizing up the competition (j/k). Just curious, how was your interview? I felt mine was very structured, and that made me feel a little uncomfortable. Anyway, the more I end up waiting, the less optimistic I get.

Samson, B.

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.38 LSAT: 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 06:07:23 PM »
I submitted my app mid-late January and have yet to hear anything from NW yet, one of the few schools I haven't gone complete at and I'm a bit worried...
Vanderbilt University Law School Class of 2011 (and proud!)

ohthehugemanatee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »

Sounds intimidating ... Yeah I went out there for the interview. I didn't talk with the others there for the interview (two others), but was secretly sizing up the competition (j/k). Just curious, how was your interview? I felt mine was very structured, and that made me feel a little uncomfortable. Anyway, the more I end up waiting, the less optimistic I get.

The "structured" part of the interview was indeed uncomfortable.  They asked the cheesy "what is your biggest weakness" question, among others.  I didn't do too well with all that nonsense.  I found that once we finished up that business and just got into a dialogue it was fine, and actually pretty enjoyable.

BurtsBees

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 07:14:17 PM »
Yeah I went complete around that time, and I haven't heard anything.