Law School Discussion

Brooklyn NY LEO Program letter

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
Brooklyn NY LEO Program letter
« on: February 24, 2008, 09:00:34 PM »
Did anyone applying to Brooklyn get a letter about the New York Legal Education Opportunity Program?  I got a big package from Brooklyn that said "I am happy to inform you that the Brooklyn Law School Office of Admissions has selected you as a prospective candidate for the NY LEO Program."  It goes on to tell you how to apply for it (it's a prep course basically.)

I'm wondering if it means anything, or if it was sent to all URM applicants...

Re: Brooklyn NY LEO Program letter
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:50:14 AM »
I did too.  I think it was sent to all minority applicants, probably... but who knows.

I actually thought it might be an acceptance/denial letter at first and got all excited...

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:03:35 AM »

I actually thought it might be an acceptance/denial letter at first and got all excited...

Brooklyn has been doing way too much of this.  It's just not right.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 10:08:16 AM »
I got one too! I am bummed now. I was hoping that I was accepted but this letter just happened to arrive first. There was also a suggestion to apply for an ABA Minority Scholarship letter in the envelope. Anyone else? Sigh... I am going to wait for my mail today (and email) and if there is nothing I will call the office and see if it is a standard minority mailing.

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 11:07:15 AM »
Let me know if you end up calling, I'm really curious!

I got nothing in the mail today, and I am in New York.  :(

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 11:15:57 AM »
I will. Did you get the suggestion to apply for the $ as well? I think it is really strange for a school to suggest applying for a program before they accept you.

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 11:37:17 AM »
Yes, I received both.  The ABA one I have received from other schools, but this NY LEO one is unique.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 08:50:25 AM »
So I called yesterday, and was told that the person that could answer my question was out, and to call back tomorrow. I saw on another law school board that 3 other people had posted the same thread...so I am guessing that they sent it out to all minority applicants that they have not reached a descion on yet. I will keep you posted if I hear anything else.

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 09:09:45 AM »
So I called yesterday, and was told that the person that could answer my question was out, and to call back tomorrow. I saw on another law school board that 3 other people had posted the same thread...so I am guessing that they sent it out to all minority applicants that they have not reached a descion on yet. I will keep you posted if I hear anything else.

I sent an email yesterday.  No response.  Grrr. I just want this cycle to be over.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 09:40:14 AM »
Let me know if they write back to you with more information.