Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can I get some advice on where to apply!  (Read 333 times)

Need Help!

• View Profile
Can I get some advice on where to apply!
« on: February 24, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »
Hello everyone,

I will appreciate some suggestion on what are my chances and where do you think I should apply...I bombed the Lsat and I got a 148 :'(, and I know that I have to retake, but I still want to try my chances.
I am Persian, and I moved to U.S at the age of 17.
I was a double major, and I hold BS in Chemistry and BA in Near Eastern Languages and Civilization with the GPA of 3.62 from University of Washington.As far as my experiences...I was a translator at a law firm, volunteered for a year in the hospital, worked in the lab, I also was a medical intern for 6 months, and I have been a superviser in retail too. I have strong letters and a very good essay. I also speak three languages...I am not sure if age makes any difference, but any way I am under 25.
My goal was UW, but I am not sure if it is possible anymore :(

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Can I get some advice on where to apply!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:31:33 PM »
Hello everyone,

I will appreciate some suggestion on what are my chances and where do you think I should apply...I bombed the Lsat and I got a 148 :'(, and I know that I have to retake, but I still want to try my chances.
I am Persian, and I moved to U.S at the age of 17.
I was a double major, and I hold BS in Chemistry and BA in Near Eastern Languages and Civilization with the GPA of 3.62 from University of Washington.As far as my experiences...I was a translator at a law firm, volunteered for a year in the hospital, worked in the lab, I also was a medical intern for 6 months, and I have been a superviser in retail too. I have strong letters and a very good essay. I also speak three languages...I am not sure if age makes any difference, but any way I am under 25.
My goal was UW, but I am not sure if it is possible anymore :(

Nowhere.  Your GPA looks good, as do your soft factors.  Your age is a positive; you've got some real world experience.  Your LSAT score is killing you.  Retake and ask this question again.

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
  • I feel like that Chihuahua.
    • View Profile
Re: Can I get some advice on where to apply!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 02:36:43 PM »
If you are applying for next cycle, you have a lot of time! Retake in June and see how you do! Did you take a LSAT class or anything?
GW '11?