Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need Access - Question 10m and "Education Financial Assistance"  (Read 825 times)

Hammerstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Need Access - Question 10m and "Education Financial Assistance"
« on: February 24, 2008, 01:47:18 PM »
Hey all,

I'm more or less done with Need Access, but I have to tie up a few lose ends.  In question 10m, the form asks for something along the lines of "Parental Financial Assistance for the Most Recent Year you were in college."

My question for anyone who knows is twofold:

1)  What does "education financial assistance" mean?  Does that mean just stuff that goes directly to tuition and room and board and the like?  Does it include personal expenses if paid by your parents? 

If personal expenses paid by your parents don't go in 10m, I guess they go with your "Other Untaxed Income/Benefits" stuff?

2)  The "most recent year" means, for example, if you graduated at the end of the 2006-2007 academic year, then you only report what your parents paid in 2007?  Or does it mean for the entire academic year?
CLS 2011.  All done.

zar090

• View Profile
Re: Need Access - Question 10m and "Education Financial Assistance"
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »
I don't remember the question well enough for your first question, but as to the second, somewhere on there it defines those years as being the academic years.  So all 9 months.