Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is a 155 a horrible LSAT Score?  (Read 8698 times)

LWS08

• View Profile
Is a 155 a horrible LSAT Score?
« on: February 23, 2008, 09:38:48 PM »
I worked really hard and my pts scores were around a 160. But every time I took the actual test I became extremely nervous and did not perform as well as I could. I took it for the 3rd time 2/08 and got a 155. Is that a horrible score?
"A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste."

steuby

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is a 155 a horrible LSAT Score?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »
Mademoiselle,

155 was my December 07 score, and I was content with it. I realized that I could attend a number of Tier 2/3 schools, and was satisfied that I could mount a successful legal career with the education those schools provided. I think that you can do the same.. Keep your spirits up :)

Rigel Rising

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:57:39 PM »
You scored better than over half of the pool, so it's not a horrible score. If you hang around here too long and have to read posts from people who are sad they didn't get into Yale, it'll start feeling horrible.  :-\

I scored a 177 and got into Georgetown and this board still gives me an inferiority complex.

SabrinaK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:06:23 PM »
There's nothing wrong with it.  It's just when you're struggling to get into a T2 school, it can make you feel even worse when you're surrounded by people who even have a chance at Yale.  It's not the Yale kid's fault.  It's just a self-esteem/self-doubt thing.
Alan Shore: You know I'm not about to go to Texas and not ride the mechanical bull, Chelina. That would be like going to Los Angeles and not sleeping with Paris Hilton.

Lock & Load: University of San Diego 2011!

chunkylover53

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »
There's nothing wrong with it.  It's just when you're struggling to get into a T2 school, it can make you feel even worse when you're surrounded by people who even have a chance at Yale.  It's not the Yale kid's fault.  It's just a self-esteem/self-doubt thing.

I was rejected from Yale, and, while I'm sad about it, I still appreciate the fact that Yale admits on this board remind me that it's not the end of the world.

Your situation is a tough one, yet I wonder whether the same people would appreciate being around simply T2 grads.  I like the competitive kids.

There are competitive kids at 2nd and 3rd tier schools... I would say they are even more competitive because they have to graduate at the top of their classes if they want to work in big law, etc.

155 is a good score for a lot of schools. If that's what you got on your 3rd time, just think of it as another challenge. Apply to a lot of 2nd and 3rd tier schools and go to the best one you get into. Then, work as hard as you can... and if you are able to be the top of your class after first year, you can easily transfer to a top tier school. And even if that doesn't happen, getting a law degree from a 2nd and 3rd tier school is still great! It's something most people in the country can't even think about doing! So, good luck and don't let all these people get you down.

Prize Fight Promoter

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don King with a Law Degree
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jshap4321
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:38:26 PM »
I got a 155 my first time and I got into Miami with a high GPA.  Depending on your GPA and desired law schools, a 155 can be fine for you like it is for me.  If you are not going to law school until '09, TAKE THE LSAT AS MANY TIMES AS POSSIBLE!

LWS08

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 12:33:11 AM »
Thanks!!
"A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste."

GunnerDore

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 02:26:48 AM »
I got a 155 my first time and I got into Miami with a high GPA.  Depending on your GPA and desired law schools, a 155 can be fine for you like it is for me.  If you are not going to law school until '09, TAKE THE LSAT AS MANY TIMES AS POSSIBLE!

OP has already taken the LSAT three times. Partial credit otherwise; TCR is that you take the LSAT until you have a score that makes you competitive where you want to go.

waves09

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »
i'm not applying until the fall, but my prelaw advisor told me that they made a change so that the law schools now look at the highest score only and not the average. if i got a 155 i would take it again and shoot for the 160s.

FreddyPharkas

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 06:55:56 PM »
Doesn't that put you slightly over the median of law students?

So you're asking if it's horrible that you scored slightly above average?

It's certainly not horrible, just quite mediocre.