Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances at GA state  (Read 332 times)

t1016

• View Profile
Chances at GA state
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:59:19 AM »
153/3.24 URM, Graduated in 2001, great work experience, started a non profit, strong PS and LORs... do you think I have a chance getting in?

Miracles and  Blessings!

gclemen1

Re: Chances at GA state
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:50:50 PM »
did you take the feb. LSAT?  It is tough because if you did, your app will be going complete very late.  There are very limited seats left at this time of the year, and the 153 does not help, but URM does.  I know that you certaintly would have had a better chance earlier, but there is def. no guarantee that you will get in.  Ga State has been rising in rankings very rapidly, and they just surpassed UGA in apps received last year I believe.  I am sorry to be honest, but if you don't get in, I would say that you should retake the June LSAT and reapply next year.  Regardless, soft factors can work wonders in the eyes of some adcomms, so best of luck to you!

czarevich

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »
Are caucasians considered an URM at Georgia State? 

t1016

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:04:13 AM »
Yep, I took the Feb LSAT, so I figured it would be awhile for them to get back to me regarding an acceptance. I am hoping that they left a few spots open for the feb test retakers. They are having a minority open house in conjuction with the other law schools located in GA, so I am looking forward to speaking with them directly about my chances. I have pretty much put all of my eggs in the GA state basket, so I am really hoping this comes through.

By the way, do you know if I need to give them a call since my feb scores came in or do I just wait it out from here?

Thanks for the encouraging words!
Miracles and  Blessings!