Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgia State Status Checker  (Read 831 times)

t1016

• View Profile
Georgia State Status Checker
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:40:21 AM »
I sent in my app to GSU on 1/16, they received my lsdas report on 1/25. I did take the Feb LSAT so I know they are waiting for that to come in, but when I go to status checker they can't pull up any information for me. Should this be the case even though they have everything but my feb score?

Miracles and  Blessings!

gclemen1

Re: Georgia State Status Checker
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »
I believe that Ga. State is being swamped right now.  They receive a crazy amount of applications because of the convenience to atlanta, the great bargain, the good employment rates, and the practicability of the program.  The status checker is not that important, and it is not updated that often.  I received an acceptance in the mail a couple of weeks before my status checker said accepted.  It is about the busiest time of the year for them, so hold tight.

namehasbeenchanged

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »
mine hasn't changed since 12/31...so don't sweat it...I hear that most peoples haven't been updated.

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »
I was not able to access the status checker until a really long time after I had applied.
2L and counting...

Connelly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 11:44:31 AM »
I was accepted last week (to the PT program by snail mail), and my status checker says "Complete ready for review".  Don't sweat it if it's not changing for you yet.

Connelly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 11:45:50 AM »
I was accepted last week (to the PT program by snail mail), and my status checker says "Complete ready for review".  Don't sweat it if it's not changing for you yet.

Connelly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »
Accepted more than 2 weeks ago and my status still says under review. Apparently their FA office doesn't even know I've been admitted. They received my FAFSA and sent me a letter saying "The following is missing from your file...Must be Admitted." I thought that was pretty funny since I have gotten several pieces of mail and email from the admissions office, confirming my acceptance.
I'll follow-up with the FA office soon to make sure we are all on the same page.

Don't sweat the status checker. ;)
(Just Adding Another Notch)

gclemen1

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 05:45:47 PM »
They are pretty swamped over there, don't worry.  They keep receiving record numbers of apps each year, and I would imagine the number keeps going up with the rising rankings of Ga. State coupled with the great tuition.

t1016

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 09:58:51 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me, it is good to hear they don't really update the status checker. I can remain a little sane for the time being!

Miracles and  Blessings!