Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T3 vs. T4  (Read 1257 times)

Rjjohnson3

• View Profile
T3 vs. T4
« on: February 22, 2008, 10:36:53 PM »
I was hoping to get some advice on which to school to choose to go to.  The options are southern Illinios, a T3 school, or john marshall, a T4 school.  Southern Illinois is located 5 hours south of Chicago, while John Marshall is located in Chicago.  I was told that if I want to get internships and a job in Chicago, I should attend John Marshall because the opportunities will be better.  But I'm not sure since it is a T4 school.  Any advice will be helpful. Thanks.

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: T3 vs. T4
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:14:02 AM »
Don't plan on getting an internship/summer job in Chicago unless you manage to get in the top10% of the class / on law review.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »
Don't plan on getting an internship/summer job in Chicago unless you manage to get in the top10% of the class / on law review.

::)

Rjjohnson3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:00:26 PM »
<Don't plan on getting an internship/summer job in Chicago unless you manage to get in the top10% of the class / on law review.>

Is this true b/c of the low standing of John Marshall or with most schools in the Chicago area?

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 08:40:16 PM »
No, I said it because there are a ton of law schools in Chicago which will all place significantly better than a t4.

Expecting otherwise is futile.