Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Penn State/Villanova/Temple/ Widener ??????? HELP!  (Read 1139 times)

TimBeConfused

• Enforcing the Guarantee!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Penn State/Villanova/Temple/ Widener ??????? HELP!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 05:01:55 PM »
I would say right now I'm leaning towards Penn State but all four are still possibilities.  I'm anxious to see what kind of financial aid package I receive from the other three schools as that may clear up my options a bit better.

I was accepted to University Park for Penn State but I am told transferring between campuses is fairly easy. 

I think in the end I would prefer going to a "name" school in the sense that I don't have to explain where my school is, most people will actually recognize it both in the region and mostly nationally as well.  That is something I did really have with my undergrad which was annoying to explain to everyone.
If the present Congress errs in too much talking, how can it be otherwise in a body to which the people send one hundred and fifty lawyers, whose trade it is to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour? ~ Thomas Jefferson

TimBeConfused

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 05:05:33 PM »
I would say right now I'm leaning towards Penn State but all four are still possibilities.  I'm anxious to see what kind of financial aid package I receive from the other three schools as that may clear up my options a bit better.

I was accepted to University Park for Penn State but I am told transferring between campuses is fairly easy. 

I think in the end I would prefer going to a "name" school in the sense that I don't have to explain where my school is, most people will actually recognize it both in the region and mostly nationally as well.  That is something I did really have with my undergrad which was annoying to explain to everyone.
If the present Congress errs in too much talking, how can it be otherwise in a body to which the people send one hundred and fifty lawyers, whose trade it is to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour? ~ Thomas Jefferson

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »

Same here!  I know just how you feel.   :)

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 10:21:59 PM »
Something interesting I thought about was, what if I end up in a different area of the country - at least I want the name of my law school to be recognizable.  One of the reasons I ended up applying to Penn State.  Everybody has at least heard of Penn State.  I'm hoping for some $ as well.

amk320

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 06:59:24 PM »
I've done five years of undergrad at Penn State.  State College is a great little town, but it is *brutally* cold here in the winter.  Being from the Philly suburb area, I also don't like being 3-4 hours away from everything in Pennsylvania.  Plus, at least right now, the law school's temporary building is sitting out in a field that two years ago was a dairy farm, and I think part of it still is.

TimBeConfused

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 09:03:52 PM »
Haha I am attending a school north of Penn State so I understand the cold and am used to it.  The law school building apparently used to be a dorm? at least thats what they were telling me when I visited it, but the new building will be open for the 2nd semester next year so I'm not too worried about that.  Although it might be a little too tempting of a school to goto with all the undergrad happenings going on around there...