Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW money begins!  (Read 6229 times)

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GW money begins!
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 10:20:42 AM »
nothing for me today.

Best of luck to you, Lovebutton :)

thanks.  it might be lucky if i get whatever offer you got...make my decision easier ;)
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

BurtsBees

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »
Received mine today.  "Presidential Merit Scholar," which is the name of their highest award.  However, it was only 60k plus the first year apartment instead of the 120k they gave the ED people, and what many people got last year from them.  I'm curious if this is all they're giving this year. It does beg you to contact the admissions office if you are not going to attend due to financial reasons.  I agree, though, this doesn't really make me want to choose GW over GULC let alone MVPB schools.

ohthehugemanatee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »
Received mine today.  "Presidential Merit Scholar," which is the name of their highest award.  However, it was only 60k plus the first year apartment instead of the 120k they gave the ED people, and what many people got last year from them.  I'm curious if this is all they're giving this year. It does beg you to contact the admissions office if you are not going to attend due to financial reasons.  I agree, though, this doesn't really make me want to choose GW over GULC let alone MVPB schools.

Foggy Bottom is very (over)-expensive.  If they are giving you an Apt. for the year that's at least a $12K value.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 02:04:36 PM »
It does beg you to contact the admissions office if you are not going to attend due to financial reasons.

I hope they mean this.  If I got a full-ride at GW, I would go there over any of my current acceptances.
Michigan 2L

BurtsBees

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 02:19:26 PM »

Foggy Bottom is very (over)-expensive.  If they are giving you an Apt. for the year that's at least a $12K value.

Indeed.  I'm just curious if this is the top award, or if they're still giving out the 120k scholarships to non-ED students.

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
  • I feel like that Chihuahua.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2008, 03:37:16 PM »
My lowly 166 and I would be happy with any money from GWU, but the Presidential Merit Scholarship does seem small considering how much they gave last year to people with similar numbers. Any theories?
GW '11?

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2008, 03:45:21 PM »

That's what I got today too, the Presidential Merit Scholar that Moisy described. Same $, same apartment offer.

Ditto. I would need the full-ride to consider going.
Vandy 1L... really?

ohthehugemanatee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2008, 03:49:06 PM »

That's what I got today too, the Presidential Merit Scholar that Moisy described. Same $, same apartment offer.

I can't complain.  I was surprised I got anything.  I would have taken 500 pelts and a donkey.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2008, 04:08:56 PM »
GW is slippin'.  How did they expect to keep their medians up with those offers?
Michigan 2L

pulvillus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2008, 04:25:11 PM »
Anyone else feel like they're getting shafted by GW based on LSN? But then again, I doubt 60k would be enough for me to pack up and go to DC. Not a strong GW day for me...