Law School Discussion

GW money begins!

Re: GW money begins!
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »
I didn't get anything, and I have to say I am surprised.  I know my GPA isn't great, but I thought my LSAT would get me at least something.

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2008, 02:30:17 PM »
I didn't get anything, and I have to say I am surprised.  I know my GPA isn't great, but I thought my LSAT would get me at least something.

There are multiple rounds of aid i believe

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2008, 03:21:20 PM »
Lizzels I'm in your boat, although your numbers are much more impressive than mine. I can't believe they didn't give you anything. Anyone know what the etiquette is on asking them to compare a scholarship offer from a higher ranked school? I figure I'll just write an email to the dean, but I'm not too sure what to say...show me the money??

jdr145

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2008, 03:26:25 PM »

This might be a silly question...but is it possible it just hasn't gotten to you yet? I mean, they just mailed it friday right? or do you live really close to the school?

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2008, 03:30:18 PM »
I live in Baltimore, so while I suppose it is possible that something sent Friday wouldn't be here yet, I doubt it takes more than 2 days for a letter to travel less than 50 miles.  Although the post office has lost things for me before...

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2008, 03:32:58 PM »
GW is slippin'.  How did they expect to keep their medians up with those offers?

What are they offering this year? Contingent awards? If so, I'm not at all surprised...

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2008, 03:34:45 PM »
this is just the first round of scholarship notifications.  no news does not necessarily mean no hope, IMO.

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2008, 03:49:18 PM »

This might be a silly question...but is it possible it just hasn't gotten to you yet? I mean, they just mailed it friday right? or do you live really close to the school?

I'm not as close as lizzels, but still in the greater area. I just got a little upset, since I saw people with weaker numbers get presidential scholarships and I got nothing, and that with pretty solid soft factors. But like I said earlier, GWU would have to come pretty close to a full ride, before I would choose them over Vandy or hopefully Cornell/Chicago/Columbia.

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2008, 04:04:54 PM »
I live in Baltimore, so while I suppose it is possible that something sent Friday wouldn't be here yet, I doubt it takes more than 2 days for a letter to travel less than 50 miles.  Although the post office has lost things for me before...

I live in Howard County, MD and I've seen it take 7 days to get a letter from Catonsville in Baltimore County to my house in the middle of Howard.

jdr145

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2008, 04:05:48 PM »

I live in Howard County, MD and I've seen it take 7 days to get a letter from Catonsville in Baltimore County to my house in the middle of Howard.

let the hope be restored :)